Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
Nov 27, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Celtics forward in final year of contract
Nov 27, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Clifford has benched Stephenson for consecutive fourth quarters
Nov 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Suns guard drives for reverse slam, cuts for monstrous alley-oop
Nov 27, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Very nice gesture
Nov 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
He missed seven games with a hamstring injury.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Beal’s max extension projects to pay more than $118 million over five years
Nov 27, 2014, 1:37 AM EST
LeBron James and the Cavaliers were good, Chase Budinger had the flub.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Ish Smith will stay on the roster.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
If the Cavs can defend like that on a regular basis they will be far more dangerous.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Bulls, Pacers, Bucks, Pistons to Western Conference
Nov 26, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
He also talks Milwaukee, doing away with conferences.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
With Popovich out, Ettore Messina takes over Spurs
Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Maverick shows off long arms
Nov 26, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Harden shifts defensive-woes attention onto Knicks forward
Nov 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Haywoode Workman should have let it fly
Nov 26, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
You have to like that he wants to step up, but based on history, a lot of top point guards in the league just started drooling.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Don’t forget to be thankful for the Raptors, too.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
Nov 26, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Suns have three capable guards, and Thomas is the one coming off the bench.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Anthony was in severe pain after suffering back spasms on Monday against the Rockets.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13