Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 30
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8