Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5