Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
New players for the Legends (tonight's opponent) since we played on Saturday: Rashad McCants, Delonte West, Justin Dentmon and Luther Head.—
Scott Schroeder (@ScottSchroeder) January 25, 2013
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 8
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 25
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12