Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 10
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 22
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36