Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
New players for the Legends (tonight's opponent) since we played on Saturday: Rashad McCants, Delonte West, Justin Dentmon and Luther Head.—
Scott Schroeder (@ScottSchroeder) January 25, 2013
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43