Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
New players for the Legends (tonight's opponent) since we played on Saturday: Rashad McCants, Delonte West, Justin Dentmon and Luther Head.—
Scott Schroeder (@ScottSchroeder) January 25, 2013
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 55
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 16
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33