Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Delonte West couldn’t land an NBA gig this season — despite giving them solid guard play and 9.6 points a game last season the Mavericks let him go and nobody has picked him up.
So to prove his worth, we told you he put his name in the D-League player pool.
And who grabbed him? The Mavericks D-League team. From the twitter of Director of Basketball Operations for the Skyforce Scott Schroeder (who used to write here at PBT):
New players for the Legends (tonight's opponent) since we played on Saturday: Rashad McCants, Delonte West, Justin Dentmon and Luther Head.—
Scott Schroeder (@ScottSchroeder) January 25, 2013
Dallas is clearly looking at guys they think might have some game as they try to make a come-from-behind run to the playoffs. That and it should boost attendance for the Legends.
I wish the best for West. I would love for him to show down there not only does he still have game but that he’s a good fit in an NBA locker room. Do that and someone will give him a chance. Probably.
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 12
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 14
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 52
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 38
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 86
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 18
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 38