Jan 24, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Yes, this is key Spurs missing a nationally televised game, but this time the league office probably sees it as legit. Both were out for the Spurs Wednesday night win over the Hornets.
Duncan is resting a sore knee, Popovich has been ill (not seriously). Duncan is listed as day-to-day. With Pops out, lead assistant Mike Budenholzer steps into the big chair. But he will not be nearly as much fun in sideline reporter interviews.
Kawhi Leonard (knee) also was out the last game for San Antonio and is questionable for Friday.
The Spurs play Saturday against the Suns back in San Antonio, then they are off until the following Wednesday when the Bobcats come to town.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 16
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 3
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 55
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6