Jan 24, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Yes, this is key Spurs missing a nationally televised game, but this time the league office probably sees it as legit. Both were out for the Spurs Wednesday night win over the Hornets.
Duncan is resting a sore knee, Popovich has been ill (not seriously). Duncan is listed as day-to-day. With Pops out, lead assistant Mike Budenholzer steps into the big chair. But he will not be nearly as much fun in sideline reporter interviews.
Kawhi Leonard (knee) also was out the last game for San Antonio and is questionable for Friday.
The Spurs play Saturday against the Suns back in San Antonio, then they are off until the following Wednesday when the Bobcats come to town.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 37
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12