Jan 24, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Yes, this is key Spurs missing a nationally televised game, but this time the league office probably sees it as legit. Both were out for the Spurs Wednesday night win over the Hornets.
Duncan is resting a sore knee, Popovich has been ill (not seriously). Duncan is listed as day-to-day. With Pops out, lead assistant Mike Budenholzer steps into the big chair. But he will not be nearly as much fun in sideline reporter interviews.
Kawhi Leonard (knee) also was out the last game for San Antonio and is questionable for Friday.
The Spurs play Saturday against the Suns back in San Antonio, then they are off until the following Wednesday when the Bobcats come to town.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32