Jan 24, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Yes, this is key Spurs missing a nationally televised game, but this time the league office probably sees it as legit. Both were out for the Spurs Wednesday night win over the Hornets.
Duncan is resting a sore knee, Popovich has been ill (not seriously). Duncan is listed as day-to-day. With Pops out, lead assistant Mike Budenholzer steps into the big chair. But he will not be nearly as much fun in sideline reporter interviews.
Kawhi Leonard (knee) also was out the last game for San Antonio and is questionable for Friday.
The Spurs play Saturday against the Suns back in San Antonio, then they are off until the following Wednesday when the Bobcats come to town.
- Report: Houston Rockets will not match Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons’ offer, he’s Dallas bound 48
- Dante Exum impresses in flashes during Summer League debut with Jazz 11
- Reports: Luol Deng agrees to two years, $20 million deal with Miami 53
- Cavaliers coach Blatt: Wiggins “not going anywhere” 81
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 44
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 70
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 51
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 61