Jan 24, 2013, 9:24 AM EDT
George Karl has his moments of frustration with JaVale McGee, but he also sees the potential. McGee is a guy capable of making a highlight play every time he touches the ball — sometimes those highlights end up on “Shaqtin’ a Fool,” sometimes on the SportsCenter top 10.
This is one of the good ones — he stops on a dime, goes under Omer Asik, which creates space enough to pass off the backboard to himself for the alley-oop. (By the way, it seems to come up in a comment/email every time there is one of these off-the-backboard passes — it is legal. The NBA rulebook specifically addresses how you can pass off the backboard to yourself. Seriously. Go look it up.)
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50