Jan 24, 2013, 9:24 AM EDT
George Karl has his moments of frustration with JaVale McGee, but he also sees the potential. McGee is a guy capable of making a highlight play every time he touches the ball — sometimes those highlights end up on “Shaqtin’ a Fool,” sometimes on the SportsCenter top 10.
This is one of the good ones — he stops on a dime, goes under Omer Asik, which creates space enough to pass off the backboard to himself for the alley-oop. (By the way, it seems to come up in a comment/email every time there is one of these off-the-backboard passes — it is legal. The NBA rulebook specifically addresses how you can pass off the backboard to yourself. Seriously. Go look it up.)
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 5
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5