Jan 24, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
A number of the NBA’s elite stars have personal security guards — Kobe Bryant is the most noted but a number of them do.
Carmelo Anthony does, and heading to Boston and a rematch with Kevin Garnett — they didn’t exactly get along well on the court the last time they faced off back on Jan. 7 — Anthony and the Knicks have beefed up security, reports the New York Daily News.
But it’s not for KG, it’s because of concerns about the Boston fans.
Celtics fans are some of the most passionate and sometimes crude fans in the league. Throw in the fact that Anthony has the words “New York” stitched on his uniform as well as the controversy of Jan. 7 and you have the ingredients for overzealous crowd….
“That’s basically what we’re going to get,” Raymond Felton said. “We know it’s going to be hostile. There’s going to be a lot of crazy things thrown at us…not objects but words.”
The trick for Anthony is not to let the words get under his skin this time.
There will be extra security for everything else
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9