Jan 24, 2013, 7:39 PM EST
The 2013 NBA All-Star reserves were announced Thursday, and while there will always be a few players who fans will argue should have made it, it’s tough to disagree with the ones the coaches selected.
In the Western Conference, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden were the guards selected, and big men Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, LaMarcus Aldridge, and David Lee were the ones seen as most deserving.
For Duncan, this marked his 14th career All-Star selection. Randolph, Aldridge, and Lee each made it for the second time in their respective careers.
In the Eastern Conference, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Jrue Holiday, Tyson Chandler, and Joakim Noah all will be making their first career All-Star appearance. Chris Bosh and Luol Deng round out the roster.
The starters for both conferences were announced last week, and were determined by votes from the fans.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, and Rajon Rondo will start for the East, while Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and Kevin Durant will start for the West.
The 62nd NBA All-Star Game will be played at the Toyota Center in Houston on Sunday, Feb. 17.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Sager will be on the sidelines for Thursday night’s Bulls-Thunder matchup.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
Bulls guard pledges money to school
Mar 5, 2015, 12:53 PM EST
Warriors guard shows up Bucks
Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Nine players have ended a day leading the NBA in points per game this season
Mar 5, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Suns wing might be NBA’s best dunker
Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 AM EST
Chris Paul frantically tries to get Jordan’s attention
Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 AM EST
Whiteside posts monster 18-25-4 in win over Lakers
Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 AM EST
Center will reportedly receive two-year contract
Mar 5, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
At least one Spur appears to be peaking
Mar 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He got a flagrant one for this foul.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Jason Smith dancing
Mar 5, 2015, 2:47 AM EST
Westbrook is putting up Jordan numbers.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:10 AM EST
This after the Celtics just smacked the Timberwolves pretty good.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
Mar 4, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Marc Gasol is a beast.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:38 PM EST
Who was that masked man?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Why didn’t Utah have Rudy Gobert protecting rim?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
What penalty should Frazier receive?
Mar 4, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
Pacers are ganging up on Denver players
Mar 4, 2015, 7:53 PM EST
Sorry, Mark Cuban
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6