Jan 24, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
The 2013 NBA All-Star reserves were announced Thursday, and while there will always be a few players who fans will argue should have made it, it’s tough to disagree with the ones the coaches selected.
In the Western Conference, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden were the guards selected, and big men Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, LaMarcus Aldridge, and David Lee were the ones seen as most deserving.
For Duncan, this marked his 14th career All-Star selection. Randolph, Aldridge, and Lee each made it for the second time in their respective careers.
In the Eastern Conference, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Jrue Holiday, Tyson Chandler, and Joakim Noah all will be making their first career All-Star appearance. Chris Bosh and Luol Deng round out the roster.
The starters for both conferences were announced last week, and were determined by votes from the fans.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, and Rajon Rondo will start for the East, while Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and Kevin Durant will start for the West.
The 62nd NBA All-Star Game will be played at the Toyota Center in Houston on Sunday, Feb. 17.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'