Jan 23, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Justin Beiber — that would be 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend Celebrity Game MVP Justin Beiber to you — met Michael Jordan Tuesday. And tweeted about it. And the Internet shook. (Photo proof of the encounter is to the right.)
• Milwaukee Bucks General Manager John Hammond has signed a three-year extension to stay with the team. The owner said he was going to do it so this really isn’t a surprise.
• A. Sherrod Blakely gives you five things that Boston can do to fix some of their problems. One of them is not “develop time travel machine to go back to 2008 and get that younger Kevin Garnett.”
• Interesting look at why there are so many fewer 20 point per game scorers in the NBA now than there used to be.
• Look for the Lakers to play preseason games in China next year.
• If you have not been following the Kings to Seattle saga, here is a good Q&A to catch you up.
• Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko reportedly a website in his native Sweden he doesn’t like coming off the bench, then told the American media he was misquoted. One thing that’s not changing? He’s going to keep coming off the bench.
• Finally, watch former Celtic (and Bull and…) Brian Scalabrine take on guys who said online they could beat him in a game of one-on-one. And remember that even the guys at the end of the NBA bench are really, really good at basketball compared to the rest of us.
Nov 21, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
Morris said Pistons’ Kentavious Caldwell-Pope “doesn’t have any heart”, Van Gundy fires back.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Another one that shouldn’t be punished.
Jason Kidd tells Joe Johnson ‘we know it’s coming to you’ late in Bucks’ triple-overtime win over Nets
Nov 20, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Kidd trash talked his former player in crunch time.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
This one isn’t really worth punishing.
Nov 20, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Adam Silver’s support for legalized sports betting is making him unpopular in some circles.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The virus has affected almost half of Memphis’ roster.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Love is averaging 16.7 points per game in his first year with the Cavs.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
NBPA director Michele Roberts calls the suspension “excessive.”
Nov 20, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Rose could be out longer.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
17 is far too low.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Rockets star has taken plenty of verbal abuse lately from opposing players
Nov 20, 2014, 3:07 PM EST
Not pictured: Milwaukee celebrating win over Nets
Nov 20, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
Craftiness from the Lakers star
Nov 20, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
Cavaliers center gives Kawhi Leonard a hard time
Players union, after Jason Kidd’s negotiations, looking into agents representing coaches and players
Nov 20, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
Current National Basketball Players Association rule forbids agents from representing players and coaches
Nov 20, 2014, 12:33 PM EST
Both teams reportedly interested in Timberwolves small forward
Nov 20, 2014, 11:55 AM EST
Philadelphia players make Wroten spokesman for responding to Suns guard
Nov 20, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
Clippers coach: ‘He’s probably the best player in the league that nobody knows’
Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label
Nov 20, 2014, 10:16 AM EST
Suns center impressing in second season
Nov 20, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Lebron says it’s more difficult than even winning a championship
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 10
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5