Jan 23, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Justin Beiber — that would be 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend Celebrity Game MVP Justin Beiber to you — met Michael Jordan Tuesday. And tweeted about it. And the Internet shook. (Photo proof of the encounter is to the right.)
• Milwaukee Bucks General Manager John Hammond has signed a three-year extension to stay with the team. The owner said he was going to do it so this really isn’t a surprise.
• A. Sherrod Blakely gives you five things that Boston can do to fix some of their problems. One of them is not “develop time travel machine to go back to 2008 and get that younger Kevin Garnett.”
• Interesting look at why there are so many fewer 20 point per game scorers in the NBA now than there used to be.
• Look for the Lakers to play preseason games in China next year.
• If you have not been following the Kings to Seattle saga, here is a good Q&A to catch you up.
• Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko reportedly a website in his native Sweden he doesn’t like coming off the bench, then told the American media he was misquoted. One thing that’s not changing? He’s going to keep coming off the bench.
• Finally, watch former Celtic (and Bull and…) Brian Scalabrine take on guys who said online they could beat him in a game of one-on-one. And remember that even the guys at the end of the NBA bench are really, really good at basketball compared to the rest of us.
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 1
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 6
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 15
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63