Jan 23, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Justin Beiber — that would be 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend Celebrity Game MVP Justin Beiber to you — met Michael Jordan Tuesday. And tweeted about it. And the Internet shook. (Photo proof of the encounter is to the right.)
• Milwaukee Bucks General Manager John Hammond has signed a three-year extension to stay with the team. The owner said he was going to do it so this really isn’t a surprise.
• A. Sherrod Blakely gives you five things that Boston can do to fix some of their problems. One of them is not “develop time travel machine to go back to 2008 and get that younger Kevin Garnett.”
• Interesting look at why there are so many fewer 20 point per game scorers in the NBA now than there used to be.
• Look for the Lakers to play preseason games in China next year.
• If you have not been following the Kings to Seattle saga, here is a good Q&A to catch you up.
• Detroit’s Jonas Jerebko reportedly a website in his native Sweden he doesn’t like coming off the bench, then told the American media he was misquoted. One thing that’s not changing? He’s going to keep coming off the bench.
• Finally, watch former Celtic (and Bull and…) Brian Scalabrine take on guys who said online they could beat him in a game of one-on-one. And remember that even the guys at the end of the NBA bench are really, really good at basketball compared to the rest of us.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13