Jan 23, 2013, 8:06 AM EDT
I know he missed a chunk of the season, but watch this game and tell me Kyrie Irving doesn’t deserve to be an All-Star.
Irving was the best player on the court when the Cavaliers took on the Celtics and he won Cleveland that game with a variety of shots — driving layups, pull-up midrange jumpers and long-range threes. He has it all and showed them all to Rajon Rondo and the Celtics. And he saved his best shots for the final minute of the game.
Because that’s the kind of thing All-Stars do.
Here are the people from Boston and CSNNE.com being impressed with Irving.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11