Jan 23, 2013, 8:06 AM EDT
I know he missed a chunk of the season, but watch this game and tell me Kyrie Irving doesn’t deserve to be an All-Star.
Irving was the best player on the court when the Cavaliers took on the Celtics and he won Cleveland that game with a variety of shots — driving layups, pull-up midrange jumpers and long-range threes. He has it all and showed them all to Rajon Rondo and the Celtics. And he saved his best shots for the final minute of the game.
Because that’s the kind of thing All-Stars do.
Here are the people from Boston and CSNNE.com being impressed with Irving.
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 0
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 46
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17