Jan 23, 2013, 8:06 AM EST
I know he missed a chunk of the season, but watch this game and tell me Kyrie Irving doesn’t deserve to be an All-Star.
Irving was the best player on the court when the Cavaliers took on the Celtics and he won Cleveland that game with a variety of shots — driving layups, pull-up midrange jumpers and long-range threes. He has it all and showed them all to Rajon Rondo and the Celtics. And he saved his best shots for the final minute of the game.
Because that’s the kind of thing All-Stars do.
Here are the people from Boston and CSNNE.com being impressed with Irving.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)