Jan 23, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Let’s be honest here: I haven’t seen Aron Baynes play. Pretty sure you haven’t either. But we both know that because it was the Spurs who signed this guy out of nowhere he going to be good and making them look smart again in a couple years.
As had been reported would happen for a while, the San Antonio Spurs inked Baynes to a multi-year deal, the team announced. This is rumored to be a four-year, $3.5 million deal.
Baynes was playing for Union Olimpija in Slovenia and was averaging 14 points and 10 rebounds per game
Look for him to start with the Austin Toros in the D-League. If needed he could come up to the NBA and provide size, physicality and rebounding in very limited minutes, if you read the scouting reports.
But wait three years. You’ll be saying, “the Spurs did it again.”
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30