Jan 23, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Let’s be honest here: I haven’t seen Aron Baynes play. Pretty sure you haven’t either. But we both know that because it was the Spurs who signed this guy out of nowhere he going to be good and making them look smart again in a couple years.
As had been reported would happen for a while, the San Antonio Spurs inked Baynes to a multi-year deal, the team announced. This is rumored to be a four-year, $3.5 million deal.
Baynes was playing for Union Olimpija in Slovenia and was averaging 14 points and 10 rebounds per game
Look for him to start with the Austin Toros in the D-League. If needed he could come up to the NBA and provide size, physicality and rebounding in very limited minutes, if you read the scouting reports.
But wait three years. You’ll be saying, “the Spurs did it again.”
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 9
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 17
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18