Jan 23, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Let’s be honest here: I haven’t seen Aron Baynes play. Pretty sure you haven’t either. But we both know that because it was the Spurs who signed this guy out of nowhere he going to be good and making them look smart again in a couple years.
As had been reported would happen for a while, the San Antonio Spurs inked Baynes to a multi-year deal, the team announced. This is rumored to be a four-year, $3.5 million deal.
Baynes was playing for Union Olimpija in Slovenia and was averaging 14 points and 10 rebounds per game
Look for him to start with the Austin Toros in the D-League. If needed he could come up to the NBA and provide size, physicality and rebounding in very limited minutes, if you read the scouting reports.
But wait three years. You’ll be saying, “the Spurs did it again.”
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8