Jan 23, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Let’s be honest here: I haven’t seen Aron Baynes play. Pretty sure you haven’t either. But we both know that because it was the Spurs who signed this guy out of nowhere he going to be good and making them look smart again in a couple years.
As had been reported would happen for a while, the San Antonio Spurs inked Baynes to a multi-year deal, the team announced. This is rumored to be a four-year, $3.5 million deal.
Baynes was playing for Union Olimpija in Slovenia and was averaging 14 points and 10 rebounds per game
Look for him to start with the Austin Toros in the D-League. If needed he could come up to the NBA and provide size, physicality and rebounding in very limited minutes, if you read the scouting reports.
But wait three years. You’ll be saying, “the Spurs did it again.”
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 3
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 11
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)