Jan 23, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Let’s be honest here: I haven’t seen Aron Baynes play. Pretty sure you haven’t either. But we both know that because it was the Spurs who signed this guy out of nowhere he going to be good and making them look smart again in a couple years.
As had been reported would happen for a while, the San Antonio Spurs inked Baynes to a multi-year deal, the team announced. This is rumored to be a four-year, $3.5 million deal.
Baynes was playing for Union Olimpija in Slovenia and was averaging 14 points and 10 rebounds per game
Look for him to start with the Austin Toros in the D-League. If needed he could come up to the NBA and provide size, physicality and rebounding in very limited minutes, if you read the scouting reports.
But wait three years. You’ll be saying, “the Spurs did it again.”
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 0
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 18
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 36
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7