Jan 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
The Knicks miss Raymond Felton running the point. They miss his ability to run the pick-and-roll, to get to the rim and create points while Carmelo Anthony rests. They miss his defense (mostly because his subs Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni are old and not athletic).
Looks like the Knicks will get that chance Saturday.
Felton is targeting a return Saturday when the Knicks take on the 76ers, according to ESPNNewYork.com. And they add coach Mike Woodson can’t wait.
“He’s a big piece of the puzzle,” Woodson said. “I’m not one for excuses but he drives the car in terms of how we run things.”
Felton has been out since Christmas Day with a broken pinkie finger and the Knicks are 5-6 in his absence. Felton has averaged 15.8 points and 6.7 assists per game so far this season.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49