Jan 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
The Knicks miss Raymond Felton running the point. They miss his ability to run the pick-and-roll, to get to the rim and create points while Carmelo Anthony rests. They miss his defense (mostly because his subs Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni are old and not athletic).
Looks like the Knicks will get that chance Saturday.
Felton is targeting a return Saturday when the Knicks take on the 76ers, according to ESPNNewYork.com. And they add coach Mike Woodson can’t wait.
“He’s a big piece of the puzzle,” Woodson said. “I’m not one for excuses but he drives the car in terms of how we run things.”
Felton has been out since Christmas Day with a broken pinkie finger and the Knicks are 5-6 in his absence. Felton has averaged 15.8 points and 6.7 assists per game so far this season.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 0
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 8
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 65
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 50
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 25
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4