Jan 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
The Knicks miss Raymond Felton running the point. They miss his ability to run the pick-and-roll, to get to the rim and create points while Carmelo Anthony rests. They miss his defense (mostly because his subs Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni are old and not athletic).
Looks like the Knicks will get that chance Saturday.
Felton is targeting a return Saturday when the Knicks take on the 76ers, according to ESPNNewYork.com. And they add coach Mike Woodson can’t wait.
“He’s a big piece of the puzzle,” Woodson said. “I’m not one for excuses but he drives the car in terms of how we run things.”
Felton has been out since Christmas Day with a broken pinkie finger and the Knicks are 5-6 in his absence. Felton has averaged 15.8 points and 6.7 assists per game so far this season.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16