Jan 23, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
The Knicks miss Raymond Felton running the point. They miss his ability to run the pick-and-roll, to get to the rim and create points while Carmelo Anthony rests. They miss his defense (mostly because his subs Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni are old and not athletic).
Looks like the Knicks will get that chance Saturday.
Felton is targeting a return Saturday when the Knicks take on the 76ers, according to ESPNNewYork.com. And they add coach Mike Woodson can’t wait.
“He’s a big piece of the puzzle,” Woodson said. “I’m not one for excuses but he drives the car in terms of how we run things.”
Felton has been out since Christmas Day with a broken pinkie finger and the Knicks are 5-6 in his absence. Felton has averaged 15.8 points and 6.7 assists per game so far this season.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 14
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19