Jan 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
There are times you just need to step back as a basketball fan and enjoy watching great players play.
And Kevin Durant is a great player, a pure scorer who is just dynamic to watch.
You can try to nit-pick his defense or make the silly “rings” argument (he’s 24, relax) bu just watch this video, or better yet go watch him play a game, and savor the opportunity. He is fluid, smart and just makes plays. He plays beautiful basketball.
Durant is better this year than he was last year. And while that should scare fans of other teams in the West, we need to step back and just enjoy the chance to watch him play some times. He is special.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 9
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 11
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18