Jan 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
There are times you just need to step back as a basketball fan and enjoy watching great players play.
And Kevin Durant is a great player, a pure scorer who is just dynamic to watch.
You can try to nit-pick his defense or make the silly “rings” argument (he’s 24, relax) bu just watch this video, or better yet go watch him play a game, and savor the opportunity. He is fluid, smart and just makes plays. He plays beautiful basketball.
Durant is better this year than he was last year. And while that should scare fans of other teams in the West, we need to step back and just enjoy the chance to watch him play some times. He is special.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 2
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49