Jan 23, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
What else could go wrong for the Lakers? How about a return of the injury bug?
With less than two minutes left in the second quarter, Dwight Howard aggravated the torn labrum shoulder injury that had kept him out three games earlier this month. He did not return to the game.
The severity of the injury is not known and he will be re-evaluated on Thursday, tweets Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
The injury appeared to happen as Howard ran into a screen set by Rudy Gay with his right shoulder. As soon as the play ended he grabbed his shoulder and called to the bench asking to come out.
After saying he needed to “dominate” for the Lakers to win and promising to “bring it,” Howard had 2 points and 2 rebounds in better than 16 minutes when he was injured.
If Howard is out for any length of time, the loss of Jordan Hill for the season (he had his hip surgery Wednesday) will be severely felt.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31