Jan 23, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
What else could go wrong for the Lakers? How about a return of the injury bug?
With less than two minutes left in the second quarter, Dwight Howard aggravated the torn labrum shoulder injury that had kept him out three games earlier this month. He did not return to the game.
The severity of the injury is not known and he will be re-evaluated on Thursday, tweets Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
The injury appeared to happen as Howard ran into a screen set by Rudy Gay with his right shoulder. As soon as the play ended he grabbed his shoulder and called to the bench asking to come out.
After saying he needed to “dominate” for the Lakers to win and promising to “bring it,” Howard had 2 points and 2 rebounds in better than 16 minutes when he was injured.
If Howard is out for any length of time, the loss of Jordan Hill for the season (he had his hip surgery Wednesday) will be severely felt.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48