Jan 23, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
What else could go wrong for the Lakers? How about a return of the injury bug?
With less than two minutes left in the second quarter, Dwight Howard aggravated the torn labrum shoulder injury that had kept him out three games earlier this month. He did not return to the game.
The severity of the injury is not known and he will be re-evaluated on Thursday, tweets Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
The injury appeared to happen as Howard ran into a screen set by Rudy Gay with his right shoulder. As soon as the play ended he grabbed his shoulder and called to the bench asking to come out.
After saying he needed to “dominate” for the Lakers to win and promising to “bring it,” Howard had 2 points and 2 rebounds in better than 16 minutes when he was injured.
If Howard is out for any length of time, the loss of Jordan Hill for the season (he had his hip surgery Wednesday) will be severely felt.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13