Jan 23, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
What else could go wrong for the Lakers? How about a return of the injury bug?
With less than two minutes left in the second quarter, Dwight Howard aggravated the torn labrum shoulder injury that had kept him out three games earlier this month. He did not return to the game.
The severity of the injury is not known and he will be re-evaluated on Thursday, tweets Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
The injury appeared to happen as Howard ran into a screen set by Rudy Gay with his right shoulder. As soon as the play ended he grabbed his shoulder and called to the bench asking to come out.
After saying he needed to “dominate” for the Lakers to win and promising to “bring it,” Howard had 2 points and 2 rebounds in better than 16 minutes when he was injured.
If Howard is out for any length of time, the loss of Jordan Hill for the season (he had his hip surgery Wednesday) will be severely felt.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37