Jan 23, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
What else could go wrong for the Lakers? How about a return of the injury bug?
With less than two minutes left in the second quarter, Dwight Howard aggravated the torn labrum shoulder injury that had kept him out three games earlier this month. He did not return to the game.
The severity of the injury is not known and he will be re-evaluated on Thursday, tweets Lakers reporter Mike Trudell.
The injury appeared to happen as Howard ran into a screen set by Rudy Gay with his right shoulder. As soon as the play ended he grabbed his shoulder and called to the bench asking to come out.
After saying he needed to “dominate” for the Lakers to win and promising to “bring it,” Howard had 2 points and 2 rebounds in better than 16 minutes when he was injured.
If Howard is out for any length of time, the loss of Jordan Hill for the season (he had his hip surgery Wednesday) will be severely felt.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)