Jan 23, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs will be without Tim Duncan and Kawhi Leonard Wednesday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the New Orleans Hornets, tweets Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express News.
On the bright side for Spurs fans, Manu Ginobili is back after a four-game absence.
Duncan is missing the game with what is described as a “sore left knee.” He also sat out last Saturday’s game for rest.
Leonard left at the end of the Spurs game against the 76ers after he fell to the court and said a nail had cut his knee wide open. Both he and Duncan are considered day-to-day and this is not serious.
Ginobili had a hamstring strain that was supposed to keep him out a little while longer, but he will be back Wednesday.
If the Hornets think they are getting off light with the Spurs missing a couple regulars, they may want to watch tape of the San Antonio reserves. They still execute the system. Remember even without Duncan, Ginobili and Tony Parker the Spurs still almost beat the Miami Heat last month.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29