Jan 23, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs will be without Tim Duncan and Kawhi Leonard Wednesday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the New Orleans Hornets, tweets Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express News.
On the bright side for Spurs fans, Manu Ginobili is back after a four-game absence.
Duncan is missing the game with what is described as a “sore left knee.” He also sat out last Saturday’s game for rest.
Leonard left at the end of the Spurs game against the 76ers after he fell to the court and said a nail had cut his knee wide open. Both he and Duncan are considered day-to-day and this is not serious.
Ginobili had a hamstring strain that was supposed to keep him out a little while longer, but he will be back Wednesday.
If the Hornets think they are getting off light with the Spurs missing a couple regulars, they may want to watch tape of the San Antonio reserves. They still execute the system. Remember even without Duncan, Ginobili and Tony Parker the Spurs still almost beat the Miami Heat last month.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 1
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 32
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 30
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25