Jan 23, 2013, 3:22 AM EDT
Butler had played good defense on Kevin Durant (he did that in the first half), forcing a pass to Ibaka. As Ibaka drove then rose up for a 12-footer, Butler helped off his man and came up behind Ibaka — and blocked the shot right into the face of referee Derek Richardson. It knocked Richardson down, but credit him for making the call sitting down and continuing on. Nick Collison ran over to help him up, while Bake Griffin and some of the Clippers checked in on him.
He was fine and continued on, wearing a grin like he knew he was going to end up all over blogs like this after this one.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Sep 30, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Is Melo even a superstar?
Sep 30, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
LeBron could miss Cavaliers’ practice tonight
Sep 30, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
The NBA is just more fun with Swaggy P in it.
Sep 30, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
It does — at least Kobe’s
Sep 30, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Manning leads by detailed preparation and then an ability to read a defense, a good example for any point guard.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
GM Ainge hints he’d offer the max to Rondo next summer.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
We could see a lot more of this during the season.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
When will Lakers star retire?
Sep 30, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
What about Chris Paul?
Sep 30, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
When will John Wall join his Mohawked teammates?
Sep 30, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
Lakers might need Kobe’s scoring, but they shouldn’t count on that much from aging star
Sep 29, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Orlando’s new uniform a dud
Sep 29, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Road tickets to see the Cavaliers are $131.33 higher per seat than the second most expensive team, the Lakers.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Well, will he?
Sep 29, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Daryl Morey has way better hair than Trump.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey disappointed in what he’s learned so far about photos
Sep 29, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
If James Harden doesn’t play focused defense this season it’s Kevin McHale that pays the price.
Sep 29, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Anthony said it wouldn’t have felt right leaving after he forced his way to New York midway through the 2011 season.
Sep 29, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Spoelstra applied only on a bet with his German teammates
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 10
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29