Jan 23, 2013, 3:22 AM EDT
Butler had played good defense on Kevin Durant (he did that in the first half), forcing a pass to Ibaka. As Ibaka drove then rose up for a 12-footer, Butler helped off his man and came up behind Ibaka — and blocked the shot right into the face of referee Derek Richardson. It knocked Richardson down, but credit him for making the call sitting down and continuing on. Nick Collison ran over to help him up, while Bake Griffin and some of the Clippers checked in on him.
He was fine and continued on, wearing a grin like he knew he was going to end up all over blogs like this after this one.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13