Jan 23, 2013, 3:22 AM EDT
Butler had played good defense on Kevin Durant (he did that in the first half), forcing a pass to Ibaka. As Ibaka drove then rose up for a 12-footer, Butler helped off his man and came up behind Ibaka — and blocked the shot right into the face of referee Derek Richardson. It knocked Richardson down, but credit him for making the call sitting down and continuing on. Nick Collison ran over to help him up, while Bake Griffin and some of the Clippers checked in on him.
He was fine and continued on, wearing a grin like he knew he was going to end up all over blogs like this after this one.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6