Jan 23, 2013, 3:22 AM EDT
Butler had played good defense on Kevin Durant (he did that in the first half), forcing a pass to Ibaka. As Ibaka drove then rose up for a 12-footer, Butler helped off his man and came up behind Ibaka — and blocked the shot right into the face of referee Derek Richardson. It knocked Richardson down, but credit him for making the call sitting down and continuing on. Nick Collison ran over to help him up, while Bake Griffin and some of the Clippers checked in on him.
He was fine and continued on, wearing a grin like he knew he was going to end up all over blogs like this after this one.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 2
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights