Jan 23, 2013, 3:22 AM EDT
Butler had played good defense on Kevin Durant (he did that in the first half), forcing a pass to Ibaka. As Ibaka drove then rose up for a 12-footer, Butler helped off his man and came up behind Ibaka — and blocked the shot right into the face of referee Derek Richardson. It knocked Richardson down, but credit him for making the call sitting down and continuing on. Nick Collison ran over to help him up, while Bake Griffin and some of the Clippers checked in on him.
He was fine and continued on, wearing a grin like he knew he was going to end up all over blogs like this after this one.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 1
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 3
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 58
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 67
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31