Jan 23, 2013, 3:22 AM EDT
Butler had played good defense on Kevin Durant (he did that in the first half), forcing a pass to Ibaka. As Ibaka drove then rose up for a 12-footer, Butler helped off his man and came up behind Ibaka — and blocked the shot right into the face of referee Derek Richardson. It knocked Richardson down, but credit him for making the call sitting down and continuing on. Nick Collison ran over to help him up, while Bake Griffin and some of the Clippers checked in on him.
He was fine and continued on, wearing a grin like he knew he was going to end up all over blogs like this after this one.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 23
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23