Jan 22, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Well, this takes a little luster off what could have been the game of the week.
It’s the right move for Los Angeles — Paul had missed three games with a bruised knee, pushed to be back Monday against Golden State and was not near his All-Star self, scoring just four points and limping at points in the fourth. Better to rest him on the second game of a back-to-back right now.
For Thunder fans who think, “wow, we just dodged a bullet” know that Eric Bledsoe is starting and it’s not as big a drop off as you might think. The Clippers went 3-0 last week without Paul and they remain the NBA’s deepest team.
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 23
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68