Jan 22, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Well, this takes a little luster off what could have been the game of the week.
It’s the right move for Los Angeles — Paul had missed three games with a bruised knee, pushed to be back Monday against Golden State and was not near his All-Star self, scoring just four points and limping at points in the fourth. Better to rest him on the second game of a back-to-back right now.
For Thunder fans who think, “wow, we just dodged a bullet” know that Eric Bledsoe is starting and it’s not as big a drop off as you might think. The Clippers went 3-0 last week without Paul and they remain the NBA’s deepest team.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50