Jan 22, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Well, this takes a little luster off what could have been the game of the week.
It’s the right move for Los Angeles — Paul had missed three games with a bruised knee, pushed to be back Monday against Golden State and was not near his All-Star self, scoring just four points and limping at points in the fourth. Better to rest him on the second game of a back-to-back right now.
For Thunder fans who think, “wow, we just dodged a bullet” know that Eric Bledsoe is starting and it’s not as big a drop off as you might think. The Clippers went 3-0 last week without Paul and they remain the NBA’s deepest team.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 1
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1