Jan 22, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Well, this takes a little luster off what could have been the game of the week.
It’s the right move for Los Angeles — Paul had missed three games with a bruised knee, pushed to be back Monday against Golden State and was not near his All-Star self, scoring just four points and limping at points in the fourth. Better to rest him on the second game of a back-to-back right now.
For Thunder fans who think, “wow, we just dodged a bullet” know that Eric Bledsoe is starting and it’s not as big a drop off as you might think. The Clippers went 3-0 last week without Paul and they remain the NBA’s deepest team.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23