Jan 21, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
If you want to know why the Lakers are five games below .500, watch their defense in these highlights from their loss to Toronto Sunday.
The temptation is to say that of course Jose Calderon had his way with the Lakers perimeter players, Steve Nash was guarding him. And Calderon has some success against him. But watch the highlights and notice a bunch of these are against Kobe Bryant. Also notice how when he gets in the lane the Lakers big men rotate over to cut off his drives (usually) but nobody helps the helper much.
The Lakers defensive rotations are a mess and if you are a smart point guard like Calderon you can make them pay because of it. He did. The Raptors won. Deservedly.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6