Jan 21, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Rudy Gay banked home a shot that would have won the game for the Grizzlies on Monday against the Pacers, had he gotten it off before the final buzzer sounded.
He did not, and as a result, the Pacers got one of their best road wins of the season in Memphis by a final of 82-81.
Gay didn’t have a lot to work with, receiving the ball a good five feet behind the three-point line after having to run up from the low block to get the pass. With just 1.4 seconds remaining, he didn’t have nearly enough time to do all that he needed to in order to get off a credible shot attempt before time expired, thanks to almost perfect defense in that situation from Paul George.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 3
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 10
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 18
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30