Jan 21, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Rudy Gay banked home a shot that would have won the game for the Grizzlies on Monday against the Pacers, had he gotten it off before the final buzzer sounded.
He did not, and as a result, the Pacers got one of their best road wins of the season in Memphis by a final of 82-81.
Gay didn’t have a lot to work with, receiving the ball a good five feet behind the three-point line after having to run up from the low block to get the pass. With just 1.4 seconds remaining, he didn’t have nearly enough time to do all that he needed to in order to get off a credible shot attempt before time expired, thanks to almost perfect defense in that situation from Paul George.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18