Jan 21, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Rudy Gay banked home a shot that would have won the game for the Grizzlies on Monday against the Pacers, had he gotten it off before the final buzzer sounded.
He did not, and as a result, the Pacers got one of their best road wins of the season in Memphis by a final of 82-81.
Gay didn’t have a lot to work with, receiving the ball a good five feet behind the three-point line after having to run up from the low block to get the pass. With just 1.4 seconds remaining, he didn’t have nearly enough time to do all that he needed to in order to get off a credible shot attempt before time expired, thanks to almost perfect defense in that situation from Paul George.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32