Jan 21, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Rudy Gay banked home a shot that would have won the game for the Grizzlies on Monday against the Pacers, had he gotten it off before the final buzzer sounded.
He did not, and as a result, the Pacers got one of their best road wins of the season in Memphis by a final of 82-81.
Gay didn’t have a lot to work with, receiving the ball a good five feet behind the three-point line after having to run up from the low block to get the pass. With just 1.4 seconds remaining, he didn’t have nearly enough time to do all that he needed to in order to get off a credible shot attempt before time expired, thanks to almost perfect defense in that situation from Paul George.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 25
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23