Jan 21, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Rudy Gay banked home a shot that would have won the game for the Grizzlies on Monday against the Pacers, had he gotten it off before the final buzzer sounded.
He did not, and as a result, the Pacers got one of their best road wins of the season in Memphis by a final of 82-81.
Gay didn’t have a lot to work with, receiving the ball a good five feet behind the three-point line after having to run up from the low block to get the pass. With just 1.4 seconds remaining, he didn’t have nearly enough time to do all that he needed to in order to get off a credible shot attempt before time expired, thanks to almost perfect defense in that situation from Paul George.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36