NBA office makes it official: Deal to sell Kings to Seattle group reached. Gavin Maloof makes statement.
Jan 21, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
We told you last night the deal was agreed to confirming a week of rumors that an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to a Seattle-based investment group led by Chris Hansen had been reached.
The NBA confirmed that Monday morning releasing a statement:
“The NBA received an executed Purchase and Sale Agreement for the transfer of a controlling interest in the Sacramento Kings from the Maloof family to an investor group led by Christopher Hansen. The proposed transaction is subject to the approval of the NBA Board of Governors and has been referred to the Board’s committee process for review.”
Gavin Maloof, one of the Maloof family members that owns the team released a statement:
“We have always appreciated and treasured our ownership of the Kings and have had a great admiration for the fans and our team members.
We would also like thank Chris Hansen for his professionalism during our negotiation. Chris will be a great steward for the franchise.”
As Tom Ziller pointed out on twitter, nice job not mentioning Sacramento once, Maloofs.
Neither side is confirming the details of the deal, but we know that the franchise is valued at $525 million and the Hansen group is buying 65 percent ownership.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 17
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona