Jan 21, 2013, 10:46 PM EST
J.J. Barea has been fined $5,000 for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules for the second time this season, the league announced on Monday.
The infraction that warranted the fine occurred in the Timberwolves loss to the Mavericks on Jan. 14, though the league did not immediately make video available of the specific play that resulted in the punishment.
Barea received his first warning for flopping back on Nov. 5.
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 0
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 6
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)