Jan 21, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
J.J. Barea has been fined $5,000 for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules for the second time this season, the league announced on Monday.
The infraction that warranted the fine occurred in the Timberwolves loss to the Mavericks on Jan. 14, though the league did not immediately make video available of the specific play that resulted in the punishment.
Barea received his first warning for flopping back on Nov. 5.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38