Jan 21, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
J.J. Barea has been fined $5,000 for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules for the second time this season, the league announced on Monday.
The infraction that warranted the fine occurred in the Timberwolves loss to the Mavericks on Jan. 14, though the league did not immediately make video available of the specific play that resulted in the punishment.
Barea received his first warning for flopping back on Nov. 5.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 6
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12