Jan 21, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
J.J. Barea has been fined $5,000 for violating the league’s anti-flopping rules for the second time this season, the league announced on Monday.
The infraction that warranted the fine occurred in the Timberwolves loss to the Mavericks on Jan. 14, though the league did not immediately make video available of the specific play that resulted in the punishment.
Barea received his first warning for flopping back on Nov. 5.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15