Jan 21, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
Last season Sean Williams — the 6’10” center out of Boston College — had cups of coffee in the NBA with Boston and Dallas.
This season he is playing with the Texas Legends in the D-League and was arrested in Iowa on drug charges, according to KTIV in Iowa.
A suspected drug dealer was arrested late Saturday night in Larchwood, Iowa. According to county officials, deputies from the Lyon County Sheriff’s Department assisted an Iowa DCI agent in executing a search warrant at the Grand Falls Casino around 10:45 p.m.
26-year-old Sean Williams of Houston, Texas, was arrested as a result of the search. Williams was charged with possession of a controlled substance, a serious misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor.
That casino and hotel is where teams often stay when they come to play the Sioux Falls Skyforce (while across state lines the hotel is just miles outside Sioux Falls). The Texans had lost to Sioux Falls on Saturday.
Williams was the former first-round pick of the Nets in 2007 but over the years he faded from their rotation and they let him walk. He’d been averaging 15.2 points and 8.9 rebounds a game for the Legends this season.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6