Jan 21, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
Last season Sean Williams — the 6’10” center out of Boston College — had cups of coffee in the NBA with Boston and Dallas.
This season he is playing with the Texas Legends in the D-League and was arrested in Iowa on drug charges, according to KTIV in Iowa.
A suspected drug dealer was arrested late Saturday night in Larchwood, Iowa. According to county officials, deputies from the Lyon County Sheriff’s Department assisted an Iowa DCI agent in executing a search warrant at the Grand Falls Casino around 10:45 p.m.
26-year-old Sean Williams of Houston, Texas, was arrested as a result of the search. Williams was charged with possession of a controlled substance, a serious misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor.
That casino and hotel is where teams often stay when they come to play the Sioux Falls Skyforce (while across state lines the hotel is just miles outside Sioux Falls). The Texans had lost to Sioux Falls on Saturday.
Williams was the former first-round pick of the Nets in 2007 but over the years he faded from their rotation and they let him walk. He’d been averaging 15.2 points and 8.9 rebounds a game for the Legends this season.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68