Jan 21, 2013, 8:33 AM EST
Last season Sean Williams — the 6’10” center out of Boston College — had cups of coffee in the NBA with Boston and Dallas.
This season he is playing with the Texas Legends in the D-League and was arrested in Iowa on drug charges, according to KTIV in Iowa.
A suspected drug dealer was arrested late Saturday night in Larchwood, Iowa. According to county officials, deputies from the Lyon County Sheriff’s Department assisted an Iowa DCI agent in executing a search warrant at the Grand Falls Casino around 10:45 p.m.
26-year-old Sean Williams of Houston, Texas, was arrested as a result of the search. Williams was charged with possession of a controlled substance, a serious misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor.
That casino and hotel is where teams often stay when they come to play the Sioux Falls Skyforce (while across state lines the hotel is just miles outside Sioux Falls). The Texans had lost to Sioux Falls on Saturday.
Williams was the former first-round pick of the Nets in 2007 but over the years he faded from their rotation and they let him walk. He’d been averaging 15.2 points and 8.9 rebounds a game for the Legends this season.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)