Jan 21, 2013, 8:33 AM EST
Last season Sean Williams — the 6’10” center out of Boston College — had cups of coffee in the NBA with Boston and Dallas.
This season he is playing with the Texas Legends in the D-League and was arrested in Iowa on drug charges, according to KTIV in Iowa.
A suspected drug dealer was arrested late Saturday night in Larchwood, Iowa. According to county officials, deputies from the Lyon County Sheriff’s Department assisted an Iowa DCI agent in executing a search warrant at the Grand Falls Casino around 10:45 p.m.
26-year-old Sean Williams of Houston, Texas, was arrested as a result of the search. Williams was charged with possession of a controlled substance, a serious misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor.
That casino and hotel is where teams often stay when they come to play the Sioux Falls Skyforce (while across state lines the hotel is just miles outside Sioux Falls). The Texans had lost to Sioux Falls on Saturday.
Williams was the former first-round pick of the Nets in 2007 but over the years he faded from their rotation and they let him walk. He’d been averaging 15.2 points and 8.9 rebounds a game for the Legends this season.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30