Jan 21, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
Last season Sean Williams — the 6’10” center out of Boston College — had cups of coffee in the NBA with Boston and Dallas.
This season he is playing with the Texas Legends in the D-League and was arrested in Iowa on drug charges, according to KTIV in Iowa.
A suspected drug dealer was arrested late Saturday night in Larchwood, Iowa. According to county officials, deputies from the Lyon County Sheriff’s Department assisted an Iowa DCI agent in executing a search warrant at the Grand Falls Casino around 10:45 p.m.
26-year-old Sean Williams of Houston, Texas, was arrested as a result of the search. Williams was charged with possession of a controlled substance, a serious misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor.
That casino and hotel is where teams often stay when they come to play the Sioux Falls Skyforce (while across state lines the hotel is just miles outside Sioux Falls). The Texans had lost to Sioux Falls on Saturday.
Williams was the former first-round pick of the Nets in 2007 but over the years he faded from their rotation and they let him walk. He’d been averaging 15.2 points and 8.9 rebounds a game for the Legends this season.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49