Jan 21, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
Doc Rivers is frustrated. And he should be — his Celtics were just plain bad in a loss to the Pistons on Sunday. They shot just 39.8 percent and were handled pretty easily by the Pistons.
After the game, Rivers let those frustrations spill over when talking to the media, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I gotta either find the right combination or the right guys, or we’re going to get some guys out of here,” said a visibly upset Rivers after the Celtics lost their third straight game. “That’s the bottom line. This group right now, they’re not playing right. It’s in them to play right. But right now they haven’t been either because I’m not getting to them, or they’re not getting to each other.”
I don’t think is a call to GM Danny Ainge to make a move, it’s frustration and an attempt to wake up a roster that is 20-20 and not at all an intimidating defensive force (which is what sparked their run in recent years). The return of Avery Bradley had the Celtics going on a little win streak, but now they have lost three straight again.
Even if this were a call for a trade, there are not a lot of easy moves out there. The problem starts with there are not a lot of tradable assets on the Celtics roster outside Jared Sullinger and Rajon Rondo. Nobody wants Jeff Green.
Ainge has said he doesn’t plan to make a move, but that could change depending on how the team plays in the coming weeks.
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6