Jan 21, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
Doc Rivers is frustrated. And he should be — his Celtics were just plain bad in a loss to the Pistons on Sunday. They shot just 39.8 percent and were handled pretty easily by the Pistons.
After the game, Rivers let those frustrations spill over when talking to the media, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I gotta either find the right combination or the right guys, or we’re going to get some guys out of here,” said a visibly upset Rivers after the Celtics lost their third straight game. “That’s the bottom line. This group right now, they’re not playing right. It’s in them to play right. But right now they haven’t been either because I’m not getting to them, or they’re not getting to each other.”
I don’t think is a call to GM Danny Ainge to make a move, it’s frustration and an attempt to wake up a roster that is 20-20 and not at all an intimidating defensive force (which is what sparked their run in recent years). The return of Avery Bradley had the Celtics going on a little win streak, but now they have lost three straight again.
Even if this were a call for a trade, there are not a lot of easy moves out there. The problem starts with there are not a lot of tradable assets on the Celtics roster outside Jared Sullinger and Rajon Rondo. Nobody wants Jeff Green.
Ainge has said he doesn’t plan to make a move, but that could change depending on how the team plays in the coming weeks.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4