Jan 19, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Shawn Marion has been fined $25,000 for public criticism of officiating, the league announced on Saturday.
Free throws accounted for 21 of Durant’s 52, and that was the point of contention for Marion.
“It’s hard to beat anybody when you’re playing five-on-eight,” Mavs small forward Shawn Marion said, a not-so-subtle reference to Durant’s 21 free throw attempts, all of which he made. “That’s nuts. Some of them were fouls. Some of them were questionable. But it is what it is.”
It wasn’t Durant’s most efficient offensive game, but the result was a win for his team just the same. Marion was able to speak his mind afterward, but he’s now $25,000 lighter after delivering those remarks.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4