Jan 19, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Shawn Marion has been fined $25,000 for public criticism of officiating, the league announced on Saturday.
Free throws accounted for 21 of Durant’s 52, and that was the point of contention for Marion.
“It’s hard to beat anybody when you’re playing five-on-eight,” Mavs small forward Shawn Marion said, a not-so-subtle reference to Durant’s 21 free throw attempts, all of which he made. “That’s nuts. Some of them were fouls. Some of them were questionable. But it is what it is.”
It wasn’t Durant’s most efficient offensive game, but the result was a win for his team just the same. Marion was able to speak his mind afterward, but he’s now $25,000 lighter after delivering those remarks.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4