Jan 19, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Shawn Marion has been fined $25,000 for public criticism of officiating, the league announced on Saturday.
Free throws accounted for 21 of Durant’s 52, and that was the point of contention for Marion.
“It’s hard to beat anybody when you’re playing five-on-eight,” Mavs small forward Shawn Marion said, a not-so-subtle reference to Durant’s 21 free throw attempts, all of which he made. “That’s nuts. Some of them were fouls. Some of them were questionable. But it is what it is.”
It wasn’t Durant’s most efficient offensive game, but the result was a win for his team just the same. Marion was able to speak his mind afterward, but he’s now $25,000 lighter after delivering those remarks.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38