Jan 19, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Jrue Holiday is doing his best to remind coaches that he deserves a spot on the Eastern Conference All-Star team this season.
Holiday finished with a career-high tying 33 points, to go along with 14 assists while scoring all 12 of his team’s overtime points to lead the Sixers to a 108-101 win over the Raptors on Friday.
Philadelphia wouldn’t have had the chance to win if not for this play from Holiday near the end of regulation.
With the Sixers down two and 5.5 seconds remaining, Holiday inbounded to Spencer Hawes, then got it back on the hand-off. From there, Holiday did the rest, and went hard to the basket for the game-tying score, while absorbing the contact from the defender in the process.
The only thing holding Holiday back from an All-Star spot is his team’s record, which currently has them out of the playoff picture. Holiday said afterward though that he’d like the honor, and that he’ll continue to put up performances like these if that’s what it takes.
“I really don’t know,” Holiday said about whether he deserves to play in the All-Star Game. “Obviously, that’s a goal I’d like to have under my belt. If I have to do this every game for us for our team to win, so be it.”
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final