Jan 19, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The All-Star reserves will be announced this Thursday, and with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin both already in as members of the Western Conference starting lineup, there isn’t a great possibility that another player from the Clippers will make it as the team’s third representative.
But that isn’t stopping the Clippers organization from trying.
With the coaches from each conference set to vote on the reserves this week, the Clips are sending out promotional material in an effort to get the team’s stellar sixth man, Jamal Crawford, added to the midseason festivities in Houston.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) January 20, 2013
The link to the photo will take you to a flyer that points out Crawford’s credentials, which include the fact that he ranks in the top five in the NBA in plus/minus, top five in points scored in the fourth quarter, and leads the league in games of scoring 20 or more points off the bench.
It also includes quotes from Warriors head coach Mark Jackson, NBATV’s Greg Anthony, and likely All-Star reserve James Harden singing Crawford’s praises.
It’s a nice gesture by the Clippers, but there’s no way it’s happening for Crawford this year. There are too many other deserving candidates, and playing on a team as deep and talented as the one the Clippers have assembled, some players are going to have to sacrifice individual achievements for the greater good of the franchise.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 4
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 11
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13