Jan 19, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The All-Star reserves will be announced this Thursday, and with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin both already in as members of the Western Conference starting lineup, there isn’t a great possibility that another player from the Clippers will make it as the team’s third representative.
But that isn’t stopping the Clippers organization from trying.
With the coaches from each conference set to vote on the reserves this week, the Clips are sending out promotional material in an effort to get the team’s stellar sixth man, Jamal Crawford, added to the midseason festivities in Houston.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) January 20, 2013
The link to the photo will take you to a flyer that points out Crawford’s credentials, which include the fact that he ranks in the top five in the NBA in plus/minus, top five in points scored in the fourth quarter, and leads the league in games of scoring 20 or more points off the bench.
It also includes quotes from Warriors head coach Mark Jackson, NBATV’s Greg Anthony, and likely All-Star reserve James Harden singing Crawford’s praises.
It’s a nice gesture by the Clippers, but there’s no way it’s happening for Crawford this year. There are too many other deserving candidates, and playing on a team as deep and talented as the one the Clippers have assembled, some players are going to have to sacrifice individual achievements for the greater good of the franchise.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32