Jan 19, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The All-Star reserves will be announced this Thursday, and with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin both already in as members of the Western Conference starting lineup, there isn’t a great possibility that another player from the Clippers will make it as the team’s third representative.
But that isn’t stopping the Clippers organization from trying.
With the coaches from each conference set to vote on the reserves this week, the Clips are sending out promotional material in an effort to get the team’s stellar sixth man, Jamal Crawford, added to the midseason festivities in Houston.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) January 20, 2013
The link to the photo will take you to a flyer that points out Crawford’s credentials, which include the fact that he ranks in the top five in the NBA in plus/minus, top five in points scored in the fourth quarter, and leads the league in games of scoring 20 or more points off the bench.
It also includes quotes from Warriors head coach Mark Jackson, NBATV’s Greg Anthony, and likely All-Star reserve James Harden singing Crawford’s praises.
It’s a nice gesture by the Clippers, but there’s no way it’s happening for Crawford this year. There are too many other deserving candidates, and playing on a team as deep and talented as the one the Clippers have assembled, some players are going to have to sacrifice individual achievements for the greater good of the franchise.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29