Jan 19, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
The All-Star reserves will be announced this Thursday, and with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin both already in as members of the Western Conference starting lineup, there isn’t a great possibility that another player from the Clippers will make it as the team’s third representative.
But that isn’t stopping the Clippers organization from trying.
With the coaches from each conference set to vote on the reserves this week, the Clips are sending out promotional material in an effort to get the team’s stellar sixth man, Jamal Crawford, added to the midseason festivities in Houston.
— Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) January 20, 2013
The link to the photo will take you to a flyer that points out Crawford’s credentials, which include the fact that he ranks in the top five in the NBA in plus/minus, top five in points scored in the fourth quarter, and leads the league in games of scoring 20 or more points off the bench.
It also includes quotes from Warriors head coach Mark Jackson, NBATV’s Greg Anthony, and likely All-Star reserve James Harden singing Crawford’s praises.
It’s a nice gesture by the Clippers, but there’s no way it’s happening for Crawford this year. There are too many other deserving candidates, and playing on a team as deep and talented as the one the Clippers have assembled, some players are going to have to sacrifice individual achievements for the greater good of the franchise.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 75
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32