Jan 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
adidas announced the launch of the D Rose 3.5 this week, the midseason edition of the company’s signature basketball shoe for Derrick Rose.
From the official release:
“My main thing is always sharpening up my game and improving my body and with the D Rose 3.5 adidas took that same approach,” said Rose. “This shoe takes the best things from my last shoe and made them even better. I’m more comfortable and supported on the court and bringing some real serious style too.”
“To exceed the performance needs for Derrick’s unique style of play which includes extreme changes in direction, acceleration and explosiveness, adidas designers made the D Rose 3.5 more supportive, comfortable and responsive than its predecessor. The shoe fits even closer to the foot for faster cuts and features a SPRINTWEB upper engineered specifically for his style of play, which reduces weight with maximum support and breathability.
“Additional performance features include an ergonomic ankle collar pocket to ensure maximum support during hard cuts and a breathable mesh tongue to improve comfort. SPRINTFRAME technology features an external heel counter to reduce weight and allow for energy return and motion control, giving Derrick his best performing signature shoe to date to improve his performance on court.
“The bold spiral overlay pattern is inspired by Derrick’s goal to tighten his game and functionally it increases flexibility and provides optimum toe protection. The synthetic leather upper features the spiral protruding from the D Rose logo on the ankle to represent how his on and off-court success continues to grow from the support of his family, who inspired the logo. Chicago call-outs on the inside of the tongue showcase the essence of Rose, including a “Rooted in Chicago” graphic with lettering, colors and shapes inspired by Derrick’s tattoos and the Chicago flag. Each colorway of the D Rose 3.5 will feature special graphics, materials and colors that give details about Derrick’s life and style of play.”
The D Rose 3.5 launches on Jan. 31. Check out the photos below and let us know if you’ll be picking up a pair in the comments.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 22
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23