Jan 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
adidas announced the launch of the D Rose 3.5 this week, the midseason edition of the company’s signature basketball shoe for Derrick Rose.
From the official release:
“My main thing is always sharpening up my game and improving my body and with the D Rose 3.5 adidas took that same approach,” said Rose. “This shoe takes the best things from my last shoe and made them even better. I’m more comfortable and supported on the court and bringing some real serious style too.”
“To exceed the performance needs for Derrick’s unique style of play which includes extreme changes in direction, acceleration and explosiveness, adidas designers made the D Rose 3.5 more supportive, comfortable and responsive than its predecessor. The shoe fits even closer to the foot for faster cuts and features a SPRINTWEB upper engineered specifically for his style of play, which reduces weight with maximum support and breathability.
“Additional performance features include an ergonomic ankle collar pocket to ensure maximum support during hard cuts and a breathable mesh tongue to improve comfort. SPRINTFRAME technology features an external heel counter to reduce weight and allow for energy return and motion control, giving Derrick his best performing signature shoe to date to improve his performance on court.
“The bold spiral overlay pattern is inspired by Derrick’s goal to tighten his game and functionally it increases flexibility and provides optimum toe protection. The synthetic leather upper features the spiral protruding from the D Rose logo on the ankle to represent how his on and off-court success continues to grow from the support of his family, who inspired the logo. Chicago call-outs on the inside of the tongue showcase the essence of Rose, including a “Rooted in Chicago” graphic with lettering, colors and shapes inspired by Derrick’s tattoos and the Chicago flag. Each colorway of the D Rose 3.5 will feature special graphics, materials and colors that give details about Derrick’s life and style of play.”
The D Rose 3.5 launches on Jan. 31. Check out the photos below and let us know if you’ll be picking up a pair in the comments.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8