Jan 18, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
Yesterday we told you how Kobe Bryant said he was a one-on-one basketball god who could beat anyone, and that included him thrashing Tracy McGrady back in the day.
I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you.
Well, someone did. Word got halfway around to the globe to China (where McGrady plays now) pretty fast and T-Mac isn’t exactly backing Kobe Bryant’s version of events.
@mheatfan631 LOL Hell no! That’s far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either..
— Tracy McGrady (@Real_T_Mac) January 18, 2013
So did Kobe and T-Mac once play one-on-one? Or was this a hoax, the kind of game Manti Te’o’s girlfriend could have refereed?
Depends on who you want to believe.
And honestly, do you care who is the better one-on-one player? I suppose there is some macho “I’m better than you” allure, but a lot of the keys to winning basketball — passing skills, game recognition, help defense — go out the window in one-on-one. So what’s the big deal with being that great at it? Aside feeding your ego, Kobe.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 12
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 63
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30