Jan 18, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
Yesterday we told you how Kobe Bryant said he was a one-on-one basketball god who could beat anyone, and that included him thrashing Tracy McGrady back in the day.
I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you.
Well, someone did. Word got halfway around to the globe to China (where McGrady plays now) pretty fast and T-Mac isn’t exactly backing Kobe Bryant’s version of events.
@mheatfan631 LOL Hell no! That’s far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either..
— Tracy McGrady (@Real_T_Mac) January 18, 2013
So did Kobe and T-Mac once play one-on-one? Or was this a hoax, the kind of game Manti Te’o’s girlfriend could have refereed?
Depends on who you want to believe.
And honestly, do you care who is the better one-on-one player? I suppose there is some macho “I’m better than you” allure, but a lot of the keys to winning basketball — passing skills, game recognition, help defense — go out the window in one-on-one. So what’s the big deal with being that great at it? Aside feeding your ego, Kobe.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16