Jan 18, 2013, 9:36 AM EST
Yesterday we told you how Kobe Bryant said he was a one-on-one basketball god who could beat anyone, and that included him thrashing Tracy McGrady back in the day.
I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you.
Well, someone did. Word got halfway around to the globe to China (where McGrady plays now) pretty fast and T-Mac isn’t exactly backing Kobe Bryant’s version of events.
@mheatfan631 LOL Hell no! That’s far from the truth. No one in the NBA is playing 1 on 1. Me and KB never went to Germany together either..
— Tracy McGrady (@Real_T_Mac) January 18, 2013
So did Kobe and T-Mac once play one-on-one? Or was this a hoax, the kind of game Manti Te’o’s girlfriend could have refereed?
Depends on who you want to believe.
And honestly, do you care who is the better one-on-one player? I suppose there is some macho “I’m better than you” allure, but a lot of the keys to winning basketball — passing skills, game recognition, help defense — go out the window in one-on-one. So what’s the big deal with being that great at it? Aside feeding your ego, Kobe.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36