Jan 18, 2013, 2:55 PM EST
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to talk about the epic Thursday night matchup between the Lakers and the Heat. We wonder if anyone can beat this Miami team when LeBron James has it going like that, and discuss the Lakers overall improvement and how Pau gasol might be best used moving forward.
We then shift our attention to the All-Star reserves, and wonder if Zach Randolph in the West, and Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, and J.R. Smith in the East might have a better chance of making it than some of the guys Kurt picked as those most deserving.
All that, plus an extended conversation with likely future Hall-of-Famer Gary Payton, before we wrap things up with a discussion of whether or not regular season games out of the country are something that’s really necessary.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13