Jan 18, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to talk about the epic Thursday night matchup between the Lakers and the Heat. We wonder if anyone can beat this Miami team when LeBron James has it going like that, and discuss the Lakers overall improvement and how Pau gasol might be best used moving forward.
We then shift our attention to the All-Star reserves, and wonder if Zach Randolph in the West, and Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, and J.R. Smith in the East might have a better chance of making it than some of the guys Kurt picked as those most deserving.
All that, plus an extended conversation with likely future Hall-of-Famer Gary Payton, before we wrap things up with a discussion of whether or not regular season games out of the country are something that’s really necessary.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 19
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64