Jan 18, 2013, 2:55 PM EST
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to talk about the epic Thursday night matchup between the Lakers and the Heat. We wonder if anyone can beat this Miami team when LeBron James has it going like that, and discuss the Lakers overall improvement and how Pau gasol might be best used moving forward.
We then shift our attention to the All-Star reserves, and wonder if Zach Randolph in the West, and Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, and J.R. Smith in the East might have a better chance of making it than some of the guys Kurt picked as those most deserving.
All that, plus an extended conversation with likely future Hall-of-Famer Gary Payton, before we wrap things up with a discussion of whether or not regular season games out of the country are something that’s really necessary.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 0
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 11
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 23
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11