Jan 18, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to talk about the epic Thursday night matchup between the Lakers and the Heat. We wonder if anyone can beat this Miami team when LeBron James has it going like that, and discuss the Lakers overall improvement and how Pau gasol might be best used moving forward.
We then shift our attention to the All-Star reserves, and wonder if Zach Randolph in the West, and Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, and J.R. Smith in the East might have a better chance of making it than some of the guys Kurt picked as those most deserving.
All that, plus an extended conversation with likely future Hall-of-Famer Gary Payton, before we wrap things up with a discussion of whether or not regular season games out of the country are something that’s really necessary.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 3
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 9
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4