Jan 18, 2013, 2:55 PM EST
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to talk about the epic Thursday night matchup between the Lakers and the Heat. We wonder if anyone can beat this Miami team when LeBron James has it going like that, and discuss the Lakers overall improvement and how Pau gasol might be best used moving forward.
We then shift our attention to the All-Star reserves, and wonder if Zach Randolph in the West, and Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, and J.R. Smith in the East might have a better chance of making it than some of the guys Kurt picked as those most deserving.
All that, plus an extended conversation with likely future Hall-of-Famer Gary Payton, before we wrap things up with a discussion of whether or not regular season games out of the country are something that’s really necessary.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 26
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20