Jan 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Midway through the second quarter of the game between the Hawks and the Nets on Friday, Lou Williams was forced to leave the game with a non-contact injury to his right knee.
As Williams planted on the fast break, the knee seemed to buckle, and he immediately limped off the floor after feeling the injury take place. A wheelchair was required to cart Williams back to the locker room.
The Atlanta Hawks official Twitter account reported it as a right knee sprain, and said that he will be tested further when the team returns home.
Williams is averaging 14.5 points and 3.7 assists per game in 29.2 minutes of action. He will be missed if he’s out for anything resembling an extended period of time.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36