Jan 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Midway through the second quarter of the game between the Hawks and the Nets on Friday, Lou Williams was forced to leave the game with a non-contact injury to his right knee.
As Williams planted on the fast break, the knee seemed to buckle, and he immediately limped off the floor after feeling the injury take place. A wheelchair was required to cart Williams back to the locker room.
The Atlanta Hawks official Twitter account reported it as a right knee sprain, and said that he will be tested further when the team returns home.
Williams is averaging 14.5 points and 3.7 assists per game in 29.2 minutes of action. He will be missed if he’s out for anything resembling an extended period of time.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11