Jan 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Midway through the second quarter of the game between the Hawks and the Nets on Friday, Lou Williams was forced to leave the game with a non-contact injury to his right knee.
As Williams planted on the fast break, the knee seemed to buckle, and he immediately limped off the floor after feeling the injury take place. A wheelchair was required to cart Williams back to the locker room.
The Atlanta Hawks official Twitter account reported it as a right knee sprain, and said that he will be tested further when the team returns home.
Williams is averaging 14.5 points and 3.7 assists per game in 29.2 minutes of action. He will be missed if he’s out for anything resembling an extended period of time.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70