Jan 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Midway through the second quarter of the game between the Hawks and the Nets on Friday, Lou Williams was forced to leave the game with a non-contact injury to his right knee.
As Williams planted on the fast break, the knee seemed to buckle, and he immediately limped off the floor after feeling the injury take place. A wheelchair was required to cart Williams back to the locker room.
The Atlanta Hawks official Twitter account reported it as a right knee sprain, and said that he will be tested further when the team returns home.
Williams is averaging 14.5 points and 3.7 assists per game in 29.2 minutes of action. He will be missed if he’s out for anything resembling an extended period of time.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 16
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 2
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 21