Jan 18, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Midway through the second quarter of the game between the Hawks and the Nets on Friday, Lou Williams was forced to leave the game with a non-contact injury to his right knee.
As Williams planted on the fast break, the knee seemed to buckle, and he immediately limped off the floor after feeling the injury take place. A wheelchair was required to cart Williams back to the locker room.
The Atlanta Hawks official Twitter account reported it as a right knee sprain, and said that he will be tested further when the team returns home.
Williams is averaging 14.5 points and 3.7 assists per game in 29.2 minutes of action. He will be missed if he’s out for anything resembling an extended period of time.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 19
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 54
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46