Jan 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
It was amazing the Lakers stayed as close to the Heat as they did in the first half — they opened the game with four straight turnovers, had 9 in the first quarter and 16 for the half. Usually that spells highlight dunks for the Heat and doom for their opponent.
Well, it did spell highlight dunks for the Heat — above is Miami’s first eight points from their win over the Lakers.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade border on unstoppable in the open court, and when you give the Heat easy points like this you pay a serious price. The Lakers almost got away without paying, they did for 45:30. But those last 2:30 were a very different story.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4