Jan 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
It was amazing the Lakers stayed as close to the Heat as they did in the first half — they opened the game with four straight turnovers, had 9 in the first quarter and 16 for the half. Usually that spells highlight dunks for the Heat and doom for their opponent.
Well, it did spell highlight dunks for the Heat — above is Miami’s first eight points from their win over the Lakers.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade border on unstoppable in the open court, and when you give the Heat easy points like this you pay a serious price. The Lakers almost got away without paying, they did for 45:30. But those last 2:30 were a very different story.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?