Jan 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
It was amazing the Lakers stayed as close to the Heat as they did in the first half — they opened the game with four straight turnovers, had 9 in the first quarter and 16 for the half. Usually that spells highlight dunks for the Heat and doom for their opponent.
Well, it did spell highlight dunks for the Heat — above is Miami’s first eight points from their win over the Lakers.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade border on unstoppable in the open court, and when you give the Heat easy points like this you pay a serious price. The Lakers almost got away without paying, they did for 45:30. But those last 2:30 were a very different story.
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6