Jan 17, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
If you’re looking for a weakness for the Miami Heat to attack, it is size and rebounding. They count on their athleticism, pressure defense and LeBron James to overcome that, but they have a weakness.
So if you’re the Lakers, this is a good time to get Pau Gasol back.
Gasol has been cleared to play by a league neurologist and will suit up for the team Thursday night when Los Angeles hosts Miami. So tweets Dave McMenamin of ESPNLA.com.
Gasol will come off the bench for the Lakers but could return to the starting lineup as soon as Sunday.
The Lakers — in desperate need of wins to even make the playoffs — have looked better the last couple games. Dwight Howard came back from his shoulder injury playing with a lot more energy on both ends and the Lakers defense has been better because of it.
But the wins were against the Cavaliers and Bucks — the Miami Heat are a totally different measuring stick. Ask the Warriors, who got run out of the building on Wednesday night (granted, Stephen Curry was out).
We’ll see if the Lakers can build on their momentum with Gasol back in the lineup. Or if Miami will be a reminder like the Thunder game of where the team sits right now.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 17
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 8
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save