Jan 17, 2013, 10:38 AM EST
But with Curry, who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed considerable time last season with ankle issues, it has Warriors saying “oh no, not again.”
Curry sat out the Warriors getting mauled by the Miami Heat, but the question now is how long will he be out? The good news is X-rays were negative but there is no timetable for his return and you can bet the Warriors will be cautious. Curry tried to be optimistic, reports the San Jose Mercury News:
“I haven’t had a sprain in two-and-a-half months, so my ligaments are as probably the healthiest they’ve been,” Curry said. “Just have to wait and see how they recover. “
“I haven’t been in this situation for a while. I don’t know if it will be a fast or slow kind of deal just because after two surgeries and all that process, it finally had the time to cool down. So we’ll see tomorrow.”
Coach Mark Jackson said he didn’t think it would be bad but added that Curry would be 100 percent before he was sent back out on the floor.
Curry was having his best season as a pro, averaging 20.2 points and 6.6 assists per game, with a PER of 19.2. He is in the running for one of the All-Star Game reserve spots in the West.
Jarrett Jack will move into the starting role at the point. That hurts the Warriors bench depth — Jack had some big games going against other teams bench players.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 0
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 22
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 51
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (51)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)