Jan 17, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
But with Curry, who has had multiple ankle surgeries and missed considerable time last season with ankle issues, it has Warriors saying “oh no, not again.”
Curry sat out the Warriors getting mauled by the Miami Heat, but the question now is how long will he be out? The good news is X-rays were negative but there is no timetable for his return and you can bet the Warriors will be cautious. Curry tried to be optimistic, reports the San Jose Mercury News:
“I haven’t had a sprain in two-and-a-half months, so my ligaments are as probably the healthiest they’ve been,” Curry said. “Just have to wait and see how they recover. “
“I haven’t been in this situation for a while. I don’t know if it will be a fast or slow kind of deal just because after two surgeries and all that process, it finally had the time to cool down. So we’ll see tomorrow.”
Coach Mark Jackson said he didn’t think it would be bad but added that Curry would be 100 percent before he was sent back out on the floor.
Curry was having his best season as a pro, averaging 20.2 points and 6.6 assists per game, with a PER of 19.2. He is in the running for one of the All-Star Game reserve spots in the West.
Jarrett Jack will move into the starting role at the point. That hurts the Warriors bench depth — Jack had some big games going against other teams bench players.
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (107)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'