Jan 17, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Nike Basketball dropped the first spot in their ad campaign to support Kobe Bryant and his latest signature shoe, the Kobe 8 SYSTEM. Reminding you that Bryant is relentless in his quest to be the best, the video essentially reminds us that like death and taxes, you can count on Kobe.
From the official release:
“Some things in this world are certainties. The sun will rise. Rain will fall. And Kobe Bryant will dominate on the basketball court.
“That’s the premise behind “Count on Kobe,” Nike Basketball’s new film debuting this month. The film features visually arresting images juxtaposed with footage of Bryant to demonstrate the unparalleled drive, skill and commitment of one of the hardest-working and most-dedicated players of all time.”
“I start every day with the desire to be the best, and I’m committed to doing what it takes to win and to being fearless on the court,” Bryant said. “I want to be the player my teammates and fans can count on day in and day out.”
“The images from the film highlight not only Bryant’s skill on the court but the many aspects of his world of basketball – from his training to his game-day preparation to his footwear. We see images of his practice regimen, the energy-giving food he eats before a game, and the KOBE 8 SYSTEM – his lightest and lowest performance shoe to date.
“The underlying message is this: After 17 years in the league, Bryant’s drive to dominate and constantly improve his game is part of the world’s natural order. This is the way it was. This is the way it is. This is the way it will be. Count on Kobe.”
Good stuff as always when it comes to featuring one of the game’s biggest names. Check out the clip above, and let us know what you think in the comments.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20