Jan 17, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Nike Basketball dropped the first spot in their ad campaign to support Kobe Bryant and his latest signature shoe, the Kobe 8 SYSTEM. Reminding you that Bryant is relentless in his quest to be the best, the video essentially reminds us that like death and taxes, you can count on Kobe.
From the official release:
“Some things in this world are certainties. The sun will rise. Rain will fall. And Kobe Bryant will dominate on the basketball court.
“That’s the premise behind “Count on Kobe,” Nike Basketball’s new film debuting this month. The film features visually arresting images juxtaposed with footage of Bryant to demonstrate the unparalleled drive, skill and commitment of one of the hardest-working and most-dedicated players of all time.”
“I start every day with the desire to be the best, and I’m committed to doing what it takes to win and to being fearless on the court,” Bryant said. “I want to be the player my teammates and fans can count on day in and day out.”
“The images from the film highlight not only Bryant’s skill on the court but the many aspects of his world of basketball – from his training to his game-day preparation to his footwear. We see images of his practice regimen, the energy-giving food he eats before a game, and the KOBE 8 SYSTEM – his lightest and lowest performance shoe to date.
“The underlying message is this: After 17 years in the league, Bryant’s drive to dominate and constantly improve his game is part of the world’s natural order. This is the way it was. This is the way it is. This is the way it will be. Count on Kobe.”
Good stuff as always when it comes to featuring one of the game’s biggest names. Check out the clip above, and let us know what you think in the comments.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 0
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)