Jan 17, 2013, 12:41 PM EST
He is not deserving to be an All-Star.
When the All-Star starters are announced later Thursday night, Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul will be announced as the starting backcourt for the Western Conference. If there is an upset, it’s because the fans will have voted Lin in over Paul (he was more than 45,000 votes back with a week to go, so not likely). Lin was already ahead of guys like Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Tony Parker in the fan voting.
Lin said he doesn’t deserve to be an All-Star and isn’t really even thinking about it, reports Jeff Caplan at NBA.com.
“Uh, no,” he said softly after another choppy performance Wednesday night as the Houston Rockets lost for a fifth consecutive time…
“That’s the furthest thing from my mind, to be honest, being on a five-game losing streak,” Lin said after finishing with 19 points and four assists, numbers that blurred a five-point night on 2-for-9 shooting through three quarters. “I don’t even care right now, I’m just trying to get a win.”
Knowing the league and it’s marketing, Lin will be in some of the events All-Star weekend. He’s a big enough international star that he is not escaping the league’s showcase weekend.
But a starter in the big game? No. Not this year. He gets it, just some fans don’t.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 6
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 8
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 17
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)