Jan 17, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
With Derrick Rose out the Bulls are counting on other guys to create and make the big shots. Like Luol Deng, who hit this pull-up jumper that would be the game winner Wednesday night in overtime against Toronto.
Chicago got Deng the ball out top and let him go in isolation against Landry Fields. Deng drove hard to the elbow area then just pulled up and nailed the shot from 17 feet. Ice cold.
The shot gave the Bulls the win in a game they controlled most of the way until a Kyle Lowry-led comeback in the fourth sent the game to overtime. Jose Calderon had a shot at a three to win it for Toronto but missed it.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 29
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20