Jan 17, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
With Derrick Rose out the Bulls are counting on other guys to create and make the big shots. Like Luol Deng, who hit this pull-up jumper that would be the game winner Wednesday night in overtime against Toronto.
Chicago got Deng the ball out top and let him go in isolation against Landry Fields. Deng drove hard to the elbow area then just pulled up and nailed the shot from 17 feet. Ice cold.
The shot gave the Bulls the win in a game they controlled most of the way until a Kyle Lowry-led comeback in the fourth sent the game to overtime. Jose Calderon had a shot at a three to win it for Toronto but missed it.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 0
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10