Jan 16, 2013, 8:33 AM EDT
We told you recently that Danny Ainge had said he didn’t plan to make a move at the trade deadline — Boston with Avery Bradley back is finally starting to defend well again and has won six straight. They are starting to look like the kind of dangerous team their fans expected. You don’t mess with that.
But don’t take my word for it, here is video from the man himself, speaking as part of an exclusive interview with CSNNE.com. More of that interview is to come, but here are the money quotes about making late trades:
“That doesn’t make a lot of sense to radically change the team when you’re trying to compete to win it all,” Ainge told Dickerson. “We have been and will continue to look to upgrade our team, but I think it’s always more unlikely that that happens than likely.”
Would he feel the same way if the Celtics had not gone on this six-game winning streak?
“No, absolutely not,” he said. “You have to produce. It’s my job to look at the bigger picture. We have to live in the moment and try to win and help our team have success, but at the same time if it;s not happening on the court than there has to be changes made, absolutely.”
Ainge (like Celtics fans) is better this run is the real Celtics and not a nugget of mid-season fools gold.
The full interview with Ainge will be up on CSNNE.com later on Wednesday.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6