Jan 16, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
What is he going to say, “my owner sucks?”
Nobody is going to be recording what is said the Carmelo Anthony on the court this week as the Knicks only play one game and that is against the Pistons in London. But the discussion of Knicks owner James Dolan assigning MSG employees to record everything said to ‘Melo on the court in response to what happened in a disagreement with Kevin Garnett continues to follow him.
Carmelo was asked about it in London, and what he told Marc Berman of the New York Post amounted to a shrug.
“I don’t care about the microphones, ‘’ Anthony told The Post in the hotel lobby. “I wasn’t aware of it. I found out on the plane [ride].’…
“I don’t think the mikes are going to stop what goes out on the court,’’ Anthony said. “But it was funny when I heard it. No, I wasn’t upset. Not at all.”
Then at the Wednesday morning practice Anthony said, “I got an owner who looks out for me. You can’t beat that, an owner that protects his players.”
What’s he going to say?
This is a little embarrassing for Anthony, but it’s not on him. This is Dolan — the guy who wanted Anthony on his team, who overruled his GM to get him, who wanted New York-born Anthony as the face of the franchise — watching out for his star. It’s about ego and feeling like a papa bear more than anything.
But Anthony can take care of himself.
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games