Jan 16, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
What is he going to say, “my owner sucks?”
Nobody is going to be recording what is said the Carmelo Anthony on the court this week as the Knicks only play one game and that is against the Pistons in London. But the discussion of Knicks owner James Dolan assigning MSG employees to record everything said to ‘Melo on the court in response to what happened in a disagreement with Kevin Garnett continues to follow him.
Carmelo was asked about it in London, and what he told Marc Berman of the New York Post amounted to a shrug.
“I don’t care about the microphones, ‘’ Anthony told The Post in the hotel lobby. “I wasn’t aware of it. I found out on the plane [ride].’…
“I don’t think the mikes are going to stop what goes out on the court,’’ Anthony said. “But it was funny when I heard it. No, I wasn’t upset. Not at all.”
Then at the Wednesday morning practice Anthony said, “I got an owner who looks out for me. You can’t beat that, an owner that protects his players.”
What’s he going to say?
This is a little embarrassing for Anthony, but it’s not on him. This is Dolan — the guy who wanted Anthony on his team, who overruled his GM to get him, who wanted New York-born Anthony as the face of the franchise — watching out for his star. It’s about ego and feeling like a papa bear more than anything.
But Anthony can take care of himself.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8