Jan 16, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
What is he going to say, “my owner sucks?”
Nobody is going to be recording what is said the Carmelo Anthony on the court this week as the Knicks only play one game and that is against the Pistons in London. But the discussion of Knicks owner James Dolan assigning MSG employees to record everything said to ‘Melo on the court in response to what happened in a disagreement with Kevin Garnett continues to follow him.
Carmelo was asked about it in London, and what he told Marc Berman of the New York Post amounted to a shrug.
“I don’t care about the microphones, ‘’ Anthony told The Post in the hotel lobby. “I wasn’t aware of it. I found out on the plane [ride].’…
“I don’t think the mikes are going to stop what goes out on the court,’’ Anthony said. “But it was funny when I heard it. No, I wasn’t upset. Not at all.”
Then at the Wednesday morning practice Anthony said, “I got an owner who looks out for me. You can’t beat that, an owner that protects his players.”
What’s he going to say?
This is a little embarrassing for Anthony, but it’s not on him. This is Dolan — the guy who wanted Anthony on his team, who overruled his GM to get him, who wanted New York-born Anthony as the face of the franchise — watching out for his star. It’s about ego and feeling like a papa bear more than anything.
But Anthony can take care of himself.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47