Jan 16, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
Here we have our first look at the uniforms the players will be wearing in the 2013 NBA All-Star game on Feb. 17, and the classic red and blue look appears to be a hit at first glance.
Details from the official release are below, and we’ll pass along additional images as they become available.
“Designed by adidas, the uniforms take inspiration from Houston’s rich aeronautical history and the speed of the jet planes that dot its skies. The uniforms’ eye-catching impact camo pattern evokes the world’s fastest fleet of aircraft with the classic silhouette of a basketball net.”
“The NBA All-Star Game is an exciting time to unite adidas’ line of performance and style products to celebrate the court-to-street style that runs through basketball culture around the world,” said Lawrence Norman, adidas Vice President, Global Basketball. “2013 marks adidas’ sixth season designing NBA All-Star uniforms and every year we look forward to introducing performance innovations that help the best basketball players in the world lift off and take their games to the next level in front of a global audience.”
“The adidas 2013 NBA All-Star uniforms feature specially-engineered mesh to provide maximum mobility and breathability. The West (red) and East (royal blue) uniforms also feature the adidas iconic three-stripe design flanking the side of both the jersey and shorts. The uniform lettering and numbers are inspired by the stenciled style on jet planes.
“Players will take to the court in black-and-white aviator-style NBA All-Star warm-ups featuring metal zippers made with a similar anodized finish that is used on airplanes. Each player’s jacket will be customized to represent individual career accomplishments such as NBA All-Star Game appearances and All-Star MVP awards, NBA titles, in addition to season awards including MVP, Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and Scoring Championships.”
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 0
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 50
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 56
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46