Nuggets’ Mozgov thinks he could be traded by deadline

Jan 15, 2013, 10:33 AM EST

Boston Celtics v Denver Nuggets Getty Images

Timofey Mozgov is out of George Karl’s rotation in Denver. He has played in just two of the team’s last five games and in the two he played he got a total of 14 minutes.

Combine that with him being in the last year of his contract and Mozgov being 7’1” and you have the makings of a potential trade.

That is something Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida reports and Mozgov himself admitted is likely.

League sources said the Denver Nuggets are looking to deal center Timofey Mozgov, who has been unable to get much playing time on a deep team and has an expiring contract. Mozgov is aware he could be moved by the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

“It think it’s logical, you can see that, trading me,’’ Mozgov said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida. “I’m in my contract year. So if they can get something for me… I don’t think it would be a surprise for me (to be traded).’’

There are no shortage of good teams looking for a big to come off the bench at an affordable price — Miami and Boston among them. Mozgov has some skills — he’s a good finisher on the pick and roll, he’s good at defending bigs in the post (remember he played Andrew Bynum well in the playoffs last year) and he has a midrange touch.

It will come down to who offers the best package to Denver, but if you’re looking for a guy who could be moved — and could make a difference — Mozgov is your guy.

1. mazblast - Jan 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Mozgov to Miami for basically nothing. This will be the will of David Stern.

2. misterdreamer119 - Jan 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Celtics get him for bradley.

3. shaner329 - Jan 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I don’t like the way Mozgov is staring at me in that picture…

4. djjackson81 - Jan 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Man if he was so good and 7 foot + how come the Nuggets would trade the guy? Oh hey look he’s seven foot one.

5. losangeleschargers17 - Jan 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM

@pricejustin24 for Blake Griffin to break his leg Again, you are implying that he has broken it before, which is false. So stop hating on the best team in Los Angeles, although jealousy is a sign of admiration.

6. money2long - Jan 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM

is it just me..
    or does mozgov look like a bizarro version of russell crowe ?

7. doublezero74 - Jan 15, 2013 at 7:05 PM

@pricejustin
    You’re being an a-hole with your comments. I bet you don’t speak your second language that well either. You probably can’t even speak English well, dbag

8. chilomane - Jan 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I like the racist comments, Mozgov sucks he has hands of stone.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches