Jan 15, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
As the marketing campaign has been telling us, KD is not nice.
Working in isolation against his defender at the top of the key, Durant exhibits a nasty hesitation dribble, using the threat of his pull up jumper to get Michael Beasley off balance. With Beasley on skates, KD was then able to use that long stride and sneaky explosiveness to lower the boom on the Suns.
Durant has been making plays like this more and more this season, continuing his evolution from an off-ball worker who mostly excels shooting jumpers coming off picks, to one of the more devastating creators off the dribble. As he puts it all together, he has only become more unstoppable.
No, KD is not nice. As Michael Beasley and Marcin Gortat can attest.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 9
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 35
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19