Jan 15, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
As the marketing campaign has been telling us, KD is not nice.
Working in isolation against his defender at the top of the key, Durant exhibits a nasty hesitation dribble, using the threat of his pull up jumper to get Michael Beasley off balance. With Beasley on skates, KD was then able to use that long stride and sneaky explosiveness to lower the boom on the Suns.
Durant has been making plays like this more and more this season, continuing his evolution from an off-ball worker who mostly excels shooting jumpers coming off picks, to one of the more devastating creators off the dribble. As he puts it all together, he has only become more unstoppable.
No, KD is not nice. As Michael Beasley and Marcin Gortat can attest.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 57
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31