Jan 15, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
As the marketing campaign has been telling us, KD is not nice.
Working in isolation against his defender at the top of the key, Durant exhibits a nasty hesitation dribble, using the threat of his pull up jumper to get Michael Beasley off balance. With Beasley on skates, KD was then able to use that long stride and sneaky explosiveness to lower the boom on the Suns.
Durant has been making plays like this more and more this season, continuing his evolution from an off-ball worker who mostly excels shooting jumpers coming off picks, to one of the more devastating creators off the dribble. As he puts it all together, he has only become more unstoppable.
No, KD is not nice. As Michael Beasley and Marcin Gortat can attest.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31