Jan 15, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
As the marketing campaign has been telling us, KD is not nice.
Working in isolation against his defender at the top of the key, Durant exhibits a nasty hesitation dribble, using the threat of his pull up jumper to get Michael Beasley off balance. With Beasley on skates, KD was then able to use that long stride and sneaky explosiveness to lower the boom on the Suns.
Durant has been making plays like this more and more this season, continuing his evolution from an off-ball worker who mostly excels shooting jumpers coming off picks, to one of the more devastating creators off the dribble. As he puts it all together, he has only become more unstoppable.
No, KD is not nice. As Michael Beasley and Marcin Gortat can attest.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 6
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 18
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29