Jan 15, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
As the marketing campaign has been telling us, KD is not nice.
Working in isolation against his defender at the top of the key, Durant exhibits a nasty hesitation dribble, using the threat of his pull up jumper to get Michael Beasley off balance. With Beasley on skates, KD was then able to use that long stride and sneaky explosiveness to lower the boom on the Suns.
Durant has been making plays like this more and more this season, continuing his evolution from an off-ball worker who mostly excels shooting jumpers coming off picks, to one of the more devastating creators off the dribble. As he puts it all together, he has only become more unstoppable.
No, KD is not nice. As Michael Beasley and Marcin Gortat can attest.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 3
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 10
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10