Chris Paul to miss a second game for Clippers due to knee

Jan 15, 2013, 8:04 PM EST

Dallas Mavericks v Los Angeles Clippers Getty Images

It was expected at first that Chris Paul would miss both games in Texas that the Clippers had this week — he bumped knees with J.J. Redick on Saturday and sat out Monday night with a bruised kneecap.

He’s going to be out Tuesday night as well, tweets Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. That was kind of expected, but earlier in the day CP3 said he hoped to be able to go. Because he’s Chris Paul and that’s what he does. Turns out that was wishful thinking.

So great news for the Rockets… except now they get Eric Bledsoe. Who completely took apart Mike Conley last night and led the Clippers to an easy win over the Memphis Grizzlies. So, maybe not so great for Houston.

Next up for the Clippers is the struggling Timberwolves on Thursday, followed by the Wizards back in Los Angeles Saturday night. As well as Bledsoe is playing, the Clippers will miss CP3 and his MVP caliber season, averaging 16.9 points, 9.7 assists and 2.6 steals per game. Paul is the main reason the Clippers have the second best record in the NBA.

1. pricejustin24 - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Clippers are doomed

2. chargerdillon - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM

As a diehard Lakers fan I will ALWAYS look at the Clippers like the little brother that deserves no respect.

That was all changing with the massive success the Clippers had this year, and while i figured something like this would eventually happen, as is the fate of the Clippers, I am in no way rooting for it.

What Chris Paul was doing was raising the competitive bar in LA which is nothing but a boon for the Lakers to step their game up or look the joke of a team the Clippers have looked for so long compared to the rival who wins everything.

I would love for the Clippers to make me wrong and actually win, I’d have no problem with it, id still hate them and have no respect for them, but at least it would mean something more than beating up the little brother.

Really hope Paul is ok, because as he goes, so go the Clipshow. I may hate you but I respect what you were doing, Del Negro is a hardnose coach I respect with a talented roster top to bottom. I hope this isnt how the Clipshow ends before we get to the finish line.

3. dannymac17 - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Man will you shut the hell up? Nobody gives a crap for what you have to say. And to say something as putrid as that. You deserve to be banned.

4. jerdogthompson - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Well said Danny,

I thought I told you to go play in the street Justine.

Oh that’s right too busy watching Scooby doo marathon in ur parents basement. How’s Ronald McDonald these days. I trust you see his Golden Arches every time you clock in. Keep flipping sonny, keep flipping and don’t burn the fries you schmuck.

5. paulhargis53 - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Check out some of his other posts, he makes fun of pedophilia too.

He’s a freaking sociopath.

• jimeejohnson - Jan 15, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Rename this blog “Days of Bozo’s and paulhargis53’s Lives”;
      Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Jerry West and Bob Cousy. Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.

6. jerdogthompson - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Or better yet, if u live in the greater Los Angeles area let me know so I can meet u and slap the stupidity from ur chops. How’s that sound.

7. dannymac17 - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I don;t understand this childs mentality.

8. saint1997 - Jan 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM

that is unmentionably horrible

9. paulhargis53 - Jan 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM

When its so simple to create another screen name, why would I make that bet?

Besides, this is the one and only bozosforall- they both call the Celtics the puh c’s. I’m guessing he got tired of me calling him lakerluver.

Give it up princess Justine.

I bet you are the type of guy that farts in the bathtub and then bites the bubbles.

10. paulhargis53 - Jan 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Hey princess Justine, looks like jerdog just threw down the gauntlet to you.

Weren’t you the one who said you’d say what you say on here to someone’s face?!

Here’s your chance tough guy.

Now all of a sudden you’ve disappeared?

COWARD!

11. Jeff - Jan 15, 2013 at 10:00 PM

That’s a shame he has to miss games

12. jerdogthompson - Jan 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM

It’s funny cause the ability for a team to make a three up by ???? Seems easy.

Things change when your down 15-16 all of a sudden shots don’t fall calls don’t go ur way. Kinda like what I’ve dealt with as a 12 year STH for the Clippers in reverse.

Oh yeah, Justine. Offer stands anytime ur in the greater LA area. Just let me know.

13. lakerluver - Jan 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM

The Clips “appear” to be the real deal….at least for this season, that is. But with them what can go wrong, usually does go wrong. Murphy’s Law.

14. lakerluver - Jan 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Ph53 and all his homophobic vitriol was bad enough. Now we got racist and pedophilia blasts. Most of you guys probably aren’t even true sports fans. Your only purpose for being on here is to antagonize and to spew hatred. That and the fact that you probably have nothing else positive going on in your miserable lives. J24, you were actually funny earlier. Now you’re just pretty pathetic. Take your racist crap somewhere else. I’m done posting on this site. You guys have taken all the fun out of it.

15. jerdogthompson - Jan 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Wow. The moderator allows that. Good stuff ladies……..just let me if u wanna go

16. dannymac17 - Jan 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM

man get outta here you square

17. paulhargis53 - Jan 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM

LL, my vitriol was reserved for you and bozosforall, whom I thought you were.
    Evidently it was this pos that wad bozo.

I skirt the line of decency with my posts, I try not to go to far over the line.

This bs that he’s posted is way out of bounds. Racism, pedophilia,etc. It’s pretty pathetic. I know Helin responds to.posts, so hopefully he reads these and bans him.

I’m guessing this a young kid .

18. dannymac17 - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Thank you mods for deleting that guys posts.

Absolutely uncalled for.

19. dannymac17 - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Thank you for deleting his comments.

• spthegr8 - Jan 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I
      A
      G
      R
      E
      E

• spthegr8 - Jan 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I wanted too see if they deleted his comment’s. Glad too see they did. Good RIDDANCE!!!!

• dannymac17 - Jan 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I see what you did there.

20. paulhargis53 - Jan 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM

With any luck its not just his comments that are gone. I’m all for trash talk, but some words and subject matter is never a good idea. I concur with the thanks to the mods.

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches