Jan 14, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
Metta World Peace in the open court never really disappoints from an entertainment standpoint. He’s just as liable to dribble the ball off his leg or short arm a lay-in as he is to make a play that gets the crowd on their feet.
Last night, in the Lakers’ much needed win over the Cavs, World Peace had a play that gave fans the best of all possible outcomes. After getting a steal, Metta hulk dribbled is way up the floor, noticed Kyrie Irving trying to chase him down, and decided he’d try to throw it down hard to avoid any mishaps at the rim.
What happened next, however, is classic MWP. In not elevating quite high enough (and while taking a hit from Irving), World Peace back rimmed the dunk and watched the ball go straight up in the air, only to see it fall right back through the hoop for the most unconventional “and-1’s” you’re likely to see this season. For good measure, he celebrated like only he could by kissing the hand of a court-side fan.
Love him or hate him, Metta is sure to entertain.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7