Jan 14, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
Only with Andrew Bynum in Philadelphia would a guy walking out on the court and taking a couple stand-still jumpers, working up a couple of beads of sweat, merit a celebration.
But Bynum was the guy Philly was excited to see play this summer, the real center they went and traded Andre Iguodala for (in a multi-team deal), yet he hasn’t played a minute for the Sixers this season due to a knee injury. But he is taking the next step, a public step, in his comeback by taking those shots. Bynum said multiple times he was getting ready to play but we are still a long way from that — he’s running but on and anti-gravity treadmill (that supports some of this weight) and he hadn’t had to do any lateral movement yet. Still, he said he was pain free and that is huge.
Bynum said he hoped to return around the All-Star Break, which is a month from now.
If history is any indication, Sixers fans may not want to become emotionally invested in that date. Just let it play out.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 9
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 19
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23