Jan 13, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
When watching LeBron James finish what seems like the 400th alley-oop he’s received from Dwyane Wade on a fast break, the age-old question comes to mind: If a highlight happens against the Kings, is it really a highlight at all?
Oh, come on, we kid the Kings. But what caught my eye while watching the third or fourth replay was all of the empty seats in the upper deck at Arco/Sleep Train Arena.
There are probably many factors in play as to why fans wouldn’t show up to see the defending champion Heat play in their lone trip to town this season, with the fact that they hate the ownership group that’s trying to sell the team, and might be doing so to a Seattle group that would relocate them out of town being right at the top of the list.
Still, it’s odd to see empty seats for the marquee team in the league when a fan base is desperately trying to keep its team, and show that Sacramento is still in fact a viable market for NBA basketball.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 15
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 10
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8