Jan 13, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
When watching LeBron James finish what seems like the 400th alley-oop he’s received from Dwyane Wade on a fast break, the age-old question comes to mind: If a highlight happens against the Kings, is it really a highlight at all?
Oh, come on, we kid the Kings. But what caught my eye while watching the third or fourth replay was all of the empty seats in the upper deck at Arco/Sleep Train Arena.
There are probably many factors in play as to why fans wouldn’t show up to see the defending champion Heat play in their lone trip to town this season, with the fact that they hate the ownership group that’s trying to sell the team, and might be doing so to a Seattle group that would relocate them out of town being right at the top of the list.
Still, it’s odd to see empty seats for the marquee team in the league when a fan base is desperately trying to keep its team, and show that Sacramento is still in fact a viable market for NBA basketball.
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 0
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 16
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 39
- Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls 41
- The Extra Pass: Four teams for three spots in West playoff race 7