James Harden goes behind the back and through the legs before getting the bucket against the Sixers (VIDEO)
Jan 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Rockets couldn’t beat the Sixers in Philadelphia on Saturday, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of James Harden.
Harden finished with 29 points on 10-19 shooting, to go along with nine rebounds and six assists. But none of his baskets were as pretty as this one that he converted in transition midway through the fourth quarter.
He goes behind his back and then between his legs with the basketball to shake Jrue Holiday in the open floor, then finds a way to gather himself in time to finish through the contact from Jason Richardson at the rim.
Richardson and Spencer Hawes were both upset at the officials at the end of this play, and Hawes received a technical for whatever was said. Maybe they thought Harden traveled on his way to getting this bucket, but the replay clearly shows that Harden was simply masterful with the ball before he ultimately scored.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10