James Harden goes behind the back and through the legs before getting the bucket against the Sixers (VIDEO)
Jan 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Rockets couldn’t beat the Sixers in Philadelphia on Saturday, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of James Harden.
Harden finished with 29 points on 10-19 shooting, to go along with nine rebounds and six assists. But none of his baskets were as pretty as this one that he converted in transition midway through the fourth quarter.
He goes behind his back and then between his legs with the basketball to shake Jrue Holiday in the open floor, then finds a way to gather himself in time to finish through the contact from Jason Richardson at the rim.
Richardson and Spencer Hawes were both upset at the officials at the end of this play, and Hawes received a technical for whatever was said. Maybe they thought Harden traveled on his way to getting this bucket, but the replay clearly shows that Harden was simply masterful with the ball before he ultimately scored.
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 0
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 22
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24