James Harden goes behind the back and through the legs before getting the bucket against the Sixers (VIDEO)
Jan 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
The Rockets couldn’t beat the Sixers in Philadelphia on Saturday, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of James Harden.
Harden finished with 29 points on 10-19 shooting, to go along with nine rebounds and six assists. But none of his baskets were as pretty as this one that he converted in transition midway through the fourth quarter.
He goes behind his back and then between his legs with the basketball to shake Jrue Holiday in the open floor, then finds a way to gather himself in time to finish through the contact from Jason Richardson at the rim.
Richardson and Spencer Hawes were both upset at the officials at the end of this play, and Hawes received a technical for whatever was said. Maybe they thought Harden traveled on his way to getting this bucket, but the replay clearly shows that Harden was simply masterful with the ball before he ultimately scored.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16