James Harden goes behind the back and through the legs before getting the bucket against the Sixers (VIDEO)
Jan 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Rockets couldn’t beat the Sixers in Philadelphia on Saturday, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of James Harden.
Harden finished with 29 points on 10-19 shooting, to go along with nine rebounds and six assists. But none of his baskets were as pretty as this one that he converted in transition midway through the fourth quarter.
He goes behind his back and then between his legs with the basketball to shake Jrue Holiday in the open floor, then finds a way to gather himself in time to finish through the contact from Jason Richardson at the rim.
Richardson and Spencer Hawes were both upset at the officials at the end of this play, and Hawes received a technical for whatever was said. Maybe they thought Harden traveled on his way to getting this bucket, but the replay clearly shows that Harden was simply masterful with the ball before he ultimately scored.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10