Jan 13, 2013, 2:51 AM EDT
It wasn’t enough — the Orlando Magic snapped the Los Angeles Clippers 13-game home winning streak. Mostly because the Clippers defense — which has been stout all season — took the night off.
But Blake Griffin had a big game for Los Angeles — 30 points on 15-of-22 shooting.
Here are the highlights. Yes, there were plenty of dunks. But if you think that’s the entire Griffin offensive repertoire, watch again. He has post moves from both blocks, he hit a couple of shots with his left hand, and he can knock down the midrange. He relies a lot on his athleticism, but he should — have you seen how athletic he is? Play to your strengths people, don’t expect Griffin to play like Tim Duncan.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2